Transducer issue? Or other? Humminbird Helix

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_2036.jpg

I am having issues with my Helix 7 DI unit. Worked fine until this weekend, but all of a sudden the DI image is junk and has very little definition. The 2D sonar seems to be a little less clear as well but still worked OK. No settings have been changed since the last time I used it so I am leaning towards a transducer issue. No impact marks on the transducer but I may have moved it a touch accidentally. I have only one screw in it to adjust it as I am still not happy with the high speed picture. It is close enough to have a decent picture. I have a Helix 5 up front I could hook up for 2D, but it is not a DI unit. Thoughts? Anyone seen anything close to this? Thanks!

Stizostedion vitreum

I am still learning my Helix 9 also. YouTube videos help me but the thing has so many settings that it is a handful. I have had the same trouble. I got it straighten out and working h again, but how and what I did? Everything changes when you switch transducers in the menu. If you forget which transducer is chosen that is where things can take a turn. I love my Helix 9 but it is complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl78zfnMvVA

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_V05yuXTk

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
is the transducer level or did it pop out of the bracket and sitting at a angle back. I am not expert in this at all but seems if it was working and then this it could be the angle of signal. Stickily an uneducated guess. If you have 2 transducers in the back then may not be the problem if both 2-D and DI are acting up. Something to check though, if haven't had that type of problem yet.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess would be that it has switched transducers, or sources in the menu. Something along those lines. I have had the same issue with mine. Not sure what I did to fix it, or what causes it to revert.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55