Burke County Wind Farm Denied

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So did you build your house first or was the mine there first?

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was there when I built. I'm not complaining about it. I'm just saying that given the choice, I would rather see wind turbines. We as a society need more power. There are choices of what we build. But nobody wants anything in their backyard. I'm guessing you built your house, wind turbines came next and now your bitching because they weren't there before. So what should be done? Build a power plant in someone else backyard so you don't see it? Dig up a field in a different state to get the coal? What's your solution to add more power?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
no one is saying build a power plant in any ones back yard you are making shit up. The wind towers are inefficient when compared to other options for power take up more land are an all around farce for being good for the environment. I can see the blinky lights on the wind towers so they dont affect me one bit. How many wind tower jobs have you been involved in building?

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in Burke county, many of the land owners that those towers were to be built on do not live in Burke county.

Most if not all of the power from this wind farm was to leave the state while one radio host stated that NW ND was needing more electric power. Over 1/2 of the wind generated power in ND leaves the state.

The Game and Fish put in writing to the tower company they picked the WORST place for wildlife in the state for this wind farm.

I have a solution for several problems and if I had the money I would start this.

There have been self contained generators placed on well locations to generate electricity and sell the extra to the electric companies for years.

Installing this type of system would help with the flaring, provide electricity and not use tax dollars to subsidize an industry that gets shoved out here because the eventual consumers of the electricity do not want them in their backyards.

A self contained generator system will not make a large impact on the surrounding location eliminate the need for miles and miles of pipeline or building new gas plants and in most cases will fit right in on the tank or well pad.

The ones I have seen were hauled to and from the locations via a roll off truck.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
no one is saying build a power plant in any ones back yard you are making shit up. The wind towers are inefficient when compared to other options for power take up more land are an all around farce for being good for the environment. I can see the blinky lights on the wind towers so they dont affect me one bit. How many wind tower jobs have you been involved in building?
You're the one complaining about the wind towers that you can see. So if we need more electricity, where do we get it from? We have to build something somewhere. You propose coal or natural gas plants. Where should those be built?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess where ever they get permits. Wind is a green decoy is the long and short of it

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lou63, you have that right about people not living in that area of Burke Co., there's only a handful of people that live there, the non county people get the money, we get the Scenery

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Originally Posted by wby257 View Post
Can't the samething be said about farming??

cache.php
Originally Posted by eyexer

pretty much

It kills a lot more wildlife than wind towers too.

cache.php

Corn destined for an ethanol plant. The geese think it's yummy.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wildlife that in most cases wouldn't be there if it weren't for farming.

I hope your joking. If we could look at a section of land in 1800 here in North Dakota we would see bison, elk, antelope, even plains grizzly. What is here today? When I was a kid on the farm South of Devils Lake thousands of gulls would follow the tractor, now none do because chemicals have killed everything in the soil. The land has become a biological desert.

Don't get me wrong, we all have to eat, and I'm not proposing some sort of wildlife nervana, but I do know what reality is. The reality is we pile on chemicals to produce a larger surplus, then sell to our enemies to try keep the price up. Push for gov conservation projects to cut the surplus and let the market bring the prices up. Farmers have an income, wildlife has some habitat, and we don't feed our enemies. American farmers need not support China, Russia, Cuba, or anyone else that hates your fellow American.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope your joking. If we could look at a section of land in 1800 here in North Dakota we would see bison, elk, antelope, even plains grizzly. What is here today? When I was a kid on the farm South of Devils Lake thousands of gulls would follow the tractor, now none do because chemicals have killed everything in the soil. The land has become a biological desert.

Don't get me wrong, we all have to eat, and I'm not proposing some sort of wildlife nervana, but I do know what reality is. The reality is we pile on chemicals to produce a larger surplus, then sell to our enemies to try keep the price up. Push for gov conservation projects to cut the surplus and let the market bring the prices up. Farmers have an income, wildlife has some habitat, and we don't feed ourenemies. American farmers need not support China, Russia, Cuba, or anyone else that hates your fellow American.

most of that shit was wiped out before roundup was invented or modern farming even started

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

The gulls didn't follow the tractor, they followed the plow because you were turning the soil upside down exposing the earthworms. Todays no-till barely leaves a track/groove. The earthworms are now even more plentiful in a no-till seedbed.

PG, the truth is just not in you.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz of course they followed the plow everyone unferstands that, but now when the soil is turned they don't follow because there are no earthworms. Go dig in a field and see what you find. Anyone can do that and check it out.

Kurtr of course most of those animals were driven off his area long ago, and they would have no chance of survival today. My point was simple wildlife is not here because of ag. Wildlife was here thousands of years before ag, and in greater abundance. Society would not tolerate bison and grizzly today. Waterfowl populations, and native upland would be much more abundant with prairie habitat.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG,

Do you still have that buffalo robe left to you by your great grandfather after he poached one of the last remaining wild buffalo? I remember you posted a trophy picture of it once.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We might not as may elk ,bear, or wolves as we once had but we have a lot more deer than we had back in the 1800s

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77