Jigging Raps vs Spinnig Reels Anti Reverse

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
My LEWS TP200 spinning real is having issues. Specicially the anti reverse works about half the time. This reel was used exclusivly for jigging raps (I snap those buggers hard).

Anyone have issues with anti reverse? Can you repair the springs fairly easily like they show on the you tube? Is there a reel that guys have had luck with NOT blowing up after seasons of jigging rap neglict?

thx

Attachments

15610858162591226744040.jpg

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Id be surprised if Lews didnt help you out. A reel shouldnt be blowing up after a year of jigging use. Casting is way harder on reels

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
My question is how have you been doing using jigging raps? What situations do you use them in? I have some. Tried them on a number of occasions and have not had any success. Al Lindner said they were the next big thing but I've had no luck on them.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terrible. They don't work. Don't waste your time. :;:stirthepot

- - - Updated - - -

Id be surprised if Lews didnt help you out. A reel shouldnt be blowing up after a year of jigging use. Casting is way harder on reels

I'm going to perform surgery on it first. After i botch that- i'll call LEWS for help.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My question is how have you been doing using jigging raps? What situations do you use them in? I have some. Tried them on a number of occasions and have not had any success. Al Lindner said they were the next big thing but I've had no luck on them.

They've only been around for like 20 years or more. Brand new technology ;)

and yes they do not work at all

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't work at all, I'll take all of yours off your hands for you & dispose of them properly

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok smart asses, how and in what situations do you use them? I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best thing I can tell you is most people try new stuff only when nothing else has worked, which may just be a day when nothing is working. When I want to add a new method to my arsenal I use that method when I’m on really good fishing. That gives you the opportunity to try that method a lot of different ways to see what works best for you on an active school of fish. Then you can expand on that once you have built confidence in the basics of that particular method. I’m not trying to be vague to be an ass by the way, this exact thing has taught me infinitely more as a fisherman I feel.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member

Go out to Sak in middle or late summer, fall time periods. Go deep. 25+ FOW and don't be afraid to look at 50+ FOW. Drive until you mark a fish on your finder, or mark big balls of bait. Drop down jig rap on area with mark, reel up fish after it bites.

In all seriousness, lots of you tube videos showing this method. Once august hits I do really well with them. But the jig jap bit in September, October, and November is an absolute blast. Best time of the year to fish. Hardly any boats on the water, and the big pigs come out to eat.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never had more fun fishing than slammin crappie and 'eyes in November/December last ice season. Hoping to put them to use as mentioned above this year.

Stizostedion vitreum

My buddy's kid uses them and loves the heck out of em. Another time last summer on Sak my buddy and I both used them and he was nailing the shit out of the walleye and I was struggling on the other end of the boat. They do work. You just have to hold your mouth in a continuous pucker position the whole time. See you on the water.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go out to Sak in middle or late summer, fall time periods. Go deep. 25+ FOW and don't be afraid to look at 50+ FOW. Drive until you mark a fish on your finder, or mark big balls of bait. Drop down jig rap on area with mark, reel up fish after it bites.

In all seriousness, lots of you tube videos showing this method. Once august hits I do really well with them. But the jig jap bit in September, October, and November is an absolute blast. Best time of the year to fish. Hardly any boats on the water, and the big pigs come out to eat.

Just remember that fish pulled from over 30 ft of water should be kept as they will die after release. Lots of fish die from the jig rappers releasing fish. If they are 13 or 30 in throw them in the livewell at these depths.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77