Anyone seen this around town?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife was at the Town and Country mall talking to a travel agent and her phone rings, its the PD telling her that her car got hit. A very young girl pulling into the empty spot beside her isn't a very good judge of distance yet. But I will give her credit and a "thank you" for reporting it and not just driving away. :;:thumbsup

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If the wax at a car wash doesn't do the trick, it isn't getting done

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife was at the Town and Country mall talking to a travel agent and her phone rings, its the PD telling her that her car got hit. A very young girl pulling into the empty spot beside her isn't a very good judge of distance yet. But I will give her credit and a "thank you" for reporting it and not just driving away. :;:thumbsup

I too am shocked she didn't drive away. She is to be commended on reporting the accident.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am shocked she didn't drive away. She is to be commended on reporting the accident.
How bad has society become where we think commending someone for doing the right thing after they mess up should happen.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
You had it waxxed up to shiny with the reflection her depth perception was off

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, its been a month and these people haven't turned this into their insurance (USAA) yet. :mad::mad: The wife called their agent 2 weeks ago and asked what was going on. His reply was, I haven't heard from them yet. She has called him 2 times since then, and left a message, without a response back. She has also called our insurance (twice) and they told her if we want it fixed, that we can clam it under our no fault and pay the $500 deductible and get it fixed. Well today she called our insurance back again and I guess there is no requirement\time as to when these people have to turn this into their insurance. WTF!! My wife stated that what if they don't turn it in and the reply she got back was, Oh we will eventually get it back but it could take up to 2 years. BULL SHIT. The estimate we got was $4000 worth of damage to the car. I hope these people and their insurance company relies that after we fight this out in court they will be spending a lot more than that!! Anyone have any input on this situation?................ Juan R??? From now on if I hit someone, I will call the cops and not pay to have their car fixed, that way I won't get charged with a hit and run and my insurance will not go up because nothing goes against my driving record.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka,
Never heard of an ordeal like you are going through. I would get the persons address and drive over there and talk with her Dad or whoever is the head of household. This is a bunch of BS for sure.
I thought all you would need is her insurance info to make a claim against her being she hit your car. Did she get a ticket for the accident? Guessing not. Can the police do anything to speed this up?
Good luck and keep us informed!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have the mothers phone number and did call her once and left a message but never heard back from her. Our insurance agent told us not to get to carried away with calling them as they could charge us with haressamnet. If i do not hear anything here shortly i will be calling their insurance agent every hour until he gets things streighted out.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you turn it in to your insurance co (i know the agents dont want you to do this) - and if they collect i believe they will owe you the 5bills back. Parking lot and no fault is always tricky. Let them deal with it thats why you have insurance.

I did the same thing when somebody hit my wife and that person didnt have any insurance --- it probably took them a couple years but they somehow yanked the guy and got the money.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our insurance called my wife today with an update. They called USAA and asked to talk to the agent that represents the gal that hit my wife's car, he wasn't in, so she talked to someone else and asked if they accept a police report of the accident to get our car fixed the answer was NO, the client has to file a report. :mad: So our agent called the young lady and left a lengthy voice mail about how the shit will hit the fan, only in a nice way. In the mean time we have to fill out paperwork to send to the N.D. state insurance commissioner along with a police report so they can start looking into it. What a fucking joke!!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never heard of such a thing and that law should definitely be changed! What a bunch of BS. Suppose they are not claiming it so their insurance rates don't go up.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
And USAA runs ads about their great service . Some companies will try this , when you take it to the Ins commissioner it will get resolved quickly , as they hate this kind of crap

Make sure you stick it to them now with rental when its in getting fixed etc

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if I am following along to this story, I learned that to quailify for douchebag status and avoid problems with an accident I do the following. 1. Hit your car
2. Smile, flash tits, and give you insurance info
3. Hide, run, avoid.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm surprised your own insurance company didn't go to bat for you sooner or with more pressure. Seems like that should fall into their wheelhouse and from a business standpoint they have more to lose than you do. If its $5k fix with $500 deduct, seems like they have $4500 at stake while you have $500.

Cant say I have much experience in this on personal auto policy, but in the world of corporate policies, insurance companies seem to back and support their clients and will take the lead in instances like this.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
For your sake I hope the insurance card she produced is valid , not that it was cancelled for non-payment etc . Happens all the time . That is when you will be real glad you had full coverage on your vehicle so all you will be out is your deductible

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, our insurance company and my wife each typed up letters and filled out the proper paperwork and sent it to the ND Insurance commissioner. They received it last Thursday afternoon and looked it over. What the commissioner usually does is send everyone a letter and waits 30 days for everyone to respond back but beings we had been trying for a month, they called USAA at 12:30 on Friday and left a very stern voice mail on the reps phone. He called my wife at 2 and said he talked to his manager. Told her to go ahead and get the car fixed and they would cover the damages. Just goes to show if you have problems with something and get in touch with the right people shit rolls down hill pretty fast.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66