Lake Sakakawea AIM event June 30th - Info Appreciated

The_owl

Established Member
Buddy and I are kicking around signing up for the AIM tourney this coming weekend. Neither of us have ever been on the water further east than Indian Hills, so it would be fun and completely new for us - we wouldn’t have the slightest clue where to fish!!

Really though, we need to figure out our logistics first. Where’s a place that anyone could recommend for a hotel? Neither of us have an RV, so we’d have to find a place to stay. Any resorts with cabins? How far of a drive across is Pick City by water?

Basically, any and all info is appreciated! We’ll be needing to figure out this stuff before I start asking where to go and find fish!!

Thanks,

Owl

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Google.com and google maps are you best friend in this case when searching for housing and determining distances.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
North shore and garrison hotel are good option locally! About 30mins drive from riverdale and about 60min drive from minot. Good luck

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pick city to garrison by boat is not far. 10 min run. I would suggest staying in garrison as that’s where the rule meeting is and launch point. You can sleep a little longer than. Haha

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure you can do a water check in with AIM so I'd recommend staying in Garrison. AIM is super fun and fishing on the East end is picking up. You can never go wrong fishing in Garrison Bay either. Main lake points are also good right now both deep and shallow. Winners will most likely be pitching jigs in 1-4 ft of water.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77