That time I should have died...

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
So coming up on the one year anniversary of my heart attack and cardiac arrest - long story short - felt like crap at my office - decided to go home to rest (11 minutes from office) - in driveway of office getting ready to turn right - hear my dad's voice in the back seat - " son this is serious - get your ass to the hospital" - (he died 13 years ago in 2006) - so I turn left a block and a half away is the hospital. RN Nurse Wife gets called and arrives in ER (she is an ER ICU Nurse for the competition across town - teaches trauma) -off to cath lab and one stent later back in the room. young new grad nurse - I start to pass out in the pisser - wife catches me - new nurse forgot how to call rapid response and failed to call the code. Cardiac Arrest - all engines reverse to all stop - 9 seconds. Wife punches (seriously full on MMA punches me) in the chest and does the old knuckle rub on the sternum. I'm back alive - all engines full speed ahead - and still here today -

I did die - and my best friend and partner was there to bring me back. Second chances are a blessing - enjoy the short time we have here folks. Remember to say I Love You and to show how much every day!

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything that dealt with bottle rockets, Roman candles, and Saturn missiles circa mid 1990's.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in 2011, we just got done combining a field and moving to the next one. It was about a 6 mile track. We got to a set of RR tracks, at about 630, I'll never forget the time, the sun was perfect and I didn't see the train! I was driving a case IH quad track, and they are rough as shit going across RR tracks, so I slowed way down. Well when I heard the train whistle, it was about 15 feet from me so I grab another gear. The tractors shift is electric over hydraulic, so there is a slight delay. Well the train ripped the grain cart off the tractor and went flying. When we really looked at it, the skid marks of the tractor in the gravel were 8 inches across the tracks. Think about it every time I cross the tracks there. Oh, and I also stop completely and look now while in equipment!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy buckets G8O, you are one lucky hombre'. One will never win a battle with the Iron Horse for sure.
I have always said life is a game of milli-seconds and inches.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Dug tunnels into the side of the hills for seemed like weeks. would use what ever kind of tools we could find. sometimes just our hands. It would seem like we would be close to connecting when you could hear each other talking but would take another day it seemed. We did this all summer with 4 or 5 connections. The next summer ALL were collapsed after winter!!!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76