Husqvarna rider vs John Deere rider

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never owned a mower and stuck between husqvarna YTH24V48 ($2000) or the john deere s240 42"deck ($2600)any suggestions would help. Thanks

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
We own both. Each are zero turns. Husqvarna = no grass build up under deck....JD = lots of grass build up. JD has the 7 iron 60" deck which surprises me it has that much build up. Both are great mowers.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The #1 thing in my book is buying at a place that also services them. You will eventually need service. And they can have the best warranty in the world but if you can’t find anyone to service it in your area what good is it?

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
The #1 thing in my book is buying at a place that also services them. You will eventually need service. And they can have the best warranty in the world but if you can’t find anyone to service it in your area what good is it?

Makes sense when I see JD Implements all over and zero husqvarna dealers. Thats if the JD Implements work on mowers which I'm sure they do.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 48" husqvarna that I bought used probably 2012ish. I like overall the way it runs and everything but live in the country and the grass doesnt get mowed everytime it grows a 1.5" like most of you probably do in town. Anyway ever since I got it the thing leaves windrows of grass something terrible. I was told at a fix it shop the belt could be loose and I dont see a place to adjust it, maybe I just need a new belt. Otherwise I like it. It is quick to move from forward to reverse but wish I would have got one with a steering wheel that is zero turn.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75