Muzzle Loader Season

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
then you should have to make your own bow as well. Where do you stop? The trad archery guys are some real insufferable people btw. Sorta like baseball purists, and golfers that take it too seriously.[/QUOT

I agree if your saying your a " traditonalist " then play the part all the way. Dont try to change things to your belief. I started bow hunting with a 45 lb recurve back in 1973 and as I got older I went with the newer and better bow for me. And never once complained about someone else using something different than what I was using.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you really wanna bitch about something bitch about how gratis tag holders get a muzzleloader tag EVERY YEAR. (Just not statewide). OR bitch about landowners getting to put in for the regular lottery and if they get denied they still get a gratis tag. ;:;popcorn
Landowners can get a gratis muzzy tag? In addition to their rifle gratis? Are you sure?

The way I read it, a gratis tag is good for all three seasons. Bow, rifle, or muzzy (or any legal weapon for the season).

I think you are misunderstanding. They dont get two tags.

Last edited:

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they would go back to traditional only there would be a lot less people put in and success would

Bullcrap!
You're reading to much of the marketing materials put out by the guys who sell inline muzzle loaders. You can use the same bullets and powder charges in a good quality traditional as you can an inline. About the only material difference is the inlines are generally rifled to stabilize longer bullets. You can fix that by buying an appropriate barrel for your traditional. Inlines are a bit more reliable because of the straight line ignition and they are easier to cover in inclement weather. The biggest thing is they look like a modern rifle so the traditionalist don't like them.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Landowners can get a gratis muzzy tag? In addition to their rifle gratis? Are you sure?

The way I read it, a gratis tag is good for all three seasons. Bow, rifle, or muzzy (or any legal weapon for the season).

i get a gratis every year it’s only 1 tag but can be used during any season as long as you use proper weapon for that season

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Less people are willing to use a traditional muzzleloader=less people applying. People don't put 9 power scopes on traditional muzzleloaders illegally like they do inlines. I have seen many guys hunting with big scopes through my spotter and binoculars. It is just like baiting for archery season with harvest rate goes up tag numbers go down. Why do you think it is so easy to get a deer tag in Wyoming because they don't have rifle season during rut so harvest on mature bucks goes down allowing more opportunities.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less people are willing to use a traditional muzzleloader=less people applying. People don't put 9 power scopes on traditional muzzleloaders illegally like they do inlines. I have seen many guys hunting with big scopes through my spotter and binoculars. It is just like baiting for archery season with harvest rate goes up tag numbers go down. Why do you think it is so easy to get a deer tag in Wyoming because they don't have rifle season during rut so harvest on mature bucks goes down allowing more opportunities.

haha you must be talking general tags?? because many limited quota zones with rifle season in oct prior to rut still take a decade worth of points to draw.....

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member

I was meaning their gratis tag is "technically" a muzzloader tag too if they want it to be. So you were misunderstanding my "analogy"

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

If they take the rifle season out of the rut, i'll fight someone. Its so much fun... and honestly it being a bit easier is nice. Still have to be sneaky unless you bust cattail sloughs and tree rows then it doesnt matter

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife bought me a muzzle loader for a wedding gift so I started putting my name in the hat. After 7 years of no luck I quit putting in. I told the wife I was going to sell it and buy something I will actually use but she said no. I guess since I can't sell it I might as well start putting in again.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Montana: $80 over the counter multiple doe tags. Minnesota: $168 over the counter buck tags and in some areas multiple extra doe tags. You can use a smoke pole in both states during the regular gun season. Pick either state and smoke pole yourself 'til your hearts content.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a Traditions inline muzzleloader because I thought it would be neat to hunt later in the season, with less hunters. Drew my first tag with 3 points. What a hoot that was! Seen a really nice buck trailing 100 yards behind a doe about 1/2 mile from where I was sitting and crashed the rattling antlers together and in about 10 seconds he was standing about 75 yards from me and as I looked up out of the brush to see where he was, he was looking directly at me and took off like a rocket. Wished I could draw a muzzy tag more often. After applying this year I have 6 points and can't wait to draw another tag.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76