ELK

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One needs to drive down a private road with metal no tresspassing sign, then a pairie road, then into the brush and past two more orange no tresspassing signs that i just put up to get on one of my food plots with her side by side.
I plan to send her a picture of the no tresspassing signs, her selfie picture and ask if she supported all land posted law that fail. db

Attachments

MFDC2995.jpg

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fly fishing doesn’t make you as cool as you think it does.

Your screen name is only relevant to people that qualify for AARP and maintain a penchant for flip phones. I had to look up what an encyclopedia was, find one, and then look up Meelosh. I love this! It's like a holiday where people air their grievances! Someone should do a show about this. And I don't fly fish to be cool. I have a beard, wear skinny jeans, and drink PBR to be cool. I thought that was obvious Gramps.
another-thread-successfully-derailed.jpg

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whitetails are for lazy road hunters. Let's keep this haterade flowing!

Mcpackerson agreed and they are dumb.

I got a 160 on the wall I will let you shoot db just need to find a way to get me an elk tag. I would probably have to camp outside starve and freeze for a few days and at least walk from here with my jan sport fully loaded with useless shit and have a podcast about the nuances of it all . While hammering.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
One needs to drive down a private road with metal no tresspassing sign, then a pairie road, then into the brush and past two more orange no tresspassing signs that i just put up to get on one of my food plots with her side by side.
I plan to send her a picture of the no tresspassing signs, her selfie picture and ask if she supported all land posted law that fail. db
First you complain about the elk, now a neighbor lady takes it upon herself to help rid you of the elk and you complain about her help, sheesh you're a hard one to please db.....:;:

BTW there appears to be 2 fine fillies in that there side by side. If those lassies be old enough perhaps they'd like some tips from a couple experienced lads, this could be considered white tail hunting too db;)

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk are just oversized rats. They destroy fences, ruin a bale stack in a heartbeat. They spend the spring and summer on the ranch and move back to the park in the fall just before season opens. The miserable rat bastards. Gut shoot everyone of em.

Tell us how you really feel..........

By the way, not a good look.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell us how you really feel..........

By the way, not a good look.
I did, obviously you didn’t agree. That’s the beautiful thing about an opinion. You don’t have to like mine and I don’t have to care about yours. I’m guessing you never had to deal with the aftermath of a herd of elk.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk are just oversized rats. They destroy fences, ruin a bale stack in a heartbeat. They spend the spring and summer on the ranch and move back to the park in the fall just before season opens. The miserable rat bastards. Gut shoot everyone of em.

I have Elk hunted out in Western N.D. many times for myself and two of my children and a dozen other hunters and plenty of Elk outside the park. If you had Elk on your property during season would you let other hunter in to thin the herd out a little??

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Elk hunted out in Western N.D. many times for myself and two of my children and a dozen other hunters and plenty of Elk outside the park. If you had Elk on your property during season would you let other hunter in to thin the herd out a little??
It’s federal land so have at it. They migrate back the towards the park in late summer so hunt away.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s federal land so have at it. They migrate back the towards the park in late summer so hunt away.

I see your side stepping the question. Your just like 80 %of the ranchers out west. They don't let people hunt there land so they can have them to them self and bitch out them wrecks fences destroying hay and eating your fence posts. And yes lots of federal land.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member

I see your side stepping the question. Your just like 80 %of the ranchers out west. They don't let people hunt there land so they can have them to them self and bitch out them wrecks fences destroying hay and eating your fence posts. And yes lots of federal land.
I’m not side stepping shit. The land that they are on is federal land. It’s a 1/2 mile from any private land so don’t accuse me of nothing when you you don’t have a clue. I don’t speak for the other “ 80%” that you describe.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not side stepping shit. The land that they are on is federal land. It’s a 1/2 mile from any private land so don’t accuse me of nothing when you you don’t have a clue. I don’t speak for the other “ 80%” that you describe.

Well then its federal land you dont have to fix the fence. And why do you have your hay on federal land?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

So so they are not on private land wrecking shit?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its guys like Skeeter that lead to govt elk reductions......

Glad to hear they are doing better than ever.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well then its federal land you dont have to fix the fence. And why do you have your hay on federal land?
The hay yard is the neighbors that border the federal land. Why would we not have to fix the fence? I don’t know what else to tell you. I don’t have pictures of any damage they have done, it’s just what my brother has told me and what I’ve seen. My brother has let people hunt on our land but they are never there then. I guess I don’t feel like I need to explain anything to you anymore because it won’t do any good.

- - - Updated -

Coyotefool69

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with skeeter, seen herds take out a couple hundred yards of fence within seconds. Maybe find a ranch you want to hunt, offer to fix all the fence in the spring in exchange to hunt elk. 10/10 ranchers will take you up on the offer.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I assume game and fish was not going to help me get rid of the elk but then i find they put a bear out there. In fact it appears they have placed a number of bear up there (based on various reports and sighting).

Not to bitch but i think if they had put a brown bear instead of a black one i would have better results in getting rid of the elk. But i do thank game and fish for putting the black one there. Will see what happens.

Now for you ND bear hunters who have a ND bear tag and if you have a 170 plus white tail in your neighbor hood we need to talk about helping each other out.

Yes not the best picture I have but trust me it is a bear. db

Attachments

MFDC0831.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86