ELK

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did visit on this before.
Five years ago a lone bull came a couple of times.
Then two years ago a herd came in December of 25-30 head with some nicer bulls.
Last year came in November and spent the winter.
It takes them about 2-3 days to clean my one whitetail plot out.
Now they are coming now and even in the daytime.
I assume the five bulls are two year olds and the other are two of the bigger bulls from last year.

Complain to game and fish they need to thin out the herd and I now have some twenty miles farther east.

No, so maybe tribal land two miles away and I am sure if I work at it there would be a bunch of dead elk but I may have a different problem then.

So if these bulls do grow and come up in the day light this fall maybe someone would like to shoot in return for maybe a chance to hunt a 160-170 class whitetail with the bow somewhere else. no/yes db

- - - Updated - - -

some of last year's bulls, no ideal what they score but I feel a decent bull for North Dakota. db

Attachments

MFDC8922.jpg MFDC9883.jpg MFDC7509.jpg IMAG0228.jpg IMAG0089.jpg

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would love to take you up on that but I don't have an elk tag or 160-170 class whitetails.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
that 7 point in the bottom pic is no slouch.

PAH

I don't have any whitetail to hunt, but if you are looking for a cow to be thinned from the heard I have a tag for one of them.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont see what the problem is here...

Now being serious, do you own the land? Get on that gratis train wagon. Elk are just very big, tasty whitetails. No reason to haze them IMO.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Complaining about having elk on ones land in this state is a wild scenario

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can certainly appreciate the dilemma - elk can eat a lot in a hurry

maybe DB doesn't own enough acres to put in for gratis

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk are just oversized rats. They destroy fences, ruin a bale stack in a heartbeat. They spend the spring and summer on the ranch and move back to the park in the fall just before season opens. The miserable rat bastards. Gut shoot everyone of em.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Elk are just oversized rats. They destroy fences, ruin a bale stack in a heartbeat. They spend the spring and summer on the ranch and move back to the park in the fall just before season opens. The miserable rat bastards. Gut shoot everyone of em.

Walleyes are the lazy mans fish

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Own land but I am 158 plus acres short of the 160 acres needed.

After land owner, his wife, son, daughers, son-in-law, grandkids (a bunch) who owns the land that surrounds my piece but it appears i will need to do the paper work for them for next year.
Land is quit a few miles from any reservation but somehow the tribe owns a small chuck of land not to far away. Not sure if the rules are the same for them on tribal land as the resevation but it is not an option anyways. Just a stupid statement by a old man.

Marylin Williamson, the democrat lady running for president stated she will win agaisnt Trump with love. Ah Haite Ashbury, the hippies before they became long hair freaks, the 60s, my time of youth, "love will conquer all", the memories, free love as it happen back then, times were simple back then and life was easy and great, no wars only conflicts that I got to be part of, I wonder, naw to old but not in my dreams, just can not remember my dreams anymore. Need to think about this one, not bad looking, young at least by my standards. As good as reason as any for my second vote in 2020.

Skeeter you know your elk well. db

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard elk taste better if you shoot them at night with a spotlight. Something about the moon takes away any bit of a gamey taste.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74