ELK

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's where the trailer full of bears was headed to. Seen it at the gas station.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assume game and fish was not going to help me get rid of the elk but then i find they put a bear out there. In fact it appears they have placed a number of bear up there (based on various reports and sighting).

Not to bitch but i think if they had put a brown bear instead of a black one i would have better results in getting rid of the elk. But i do thank game and fish for putting the black one there. Will see what happens.

Now for you ND bear hunters who have a ND bear tag and if you have a 170 plus white tail in your neighbor hood we need to talk about helping each other out.

Yes not the best picture I have but trust me it is a bear. db

You are funny guy, DB. ;:;funnypost

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assume game and fish was not going to help me get rid of the elk but then i find they put a bear out there. In fact it appears they have placed a number of bear up there (based on various reports and sighting).

Not to bitch but i think if they had put a brown bear instead of a black one i would have better results in getting rid of the elk. But i do thank game and fish for putting the black one there. Will see what happens.

Now for you ND bear hunters who have a ND bear tag and if you have a 170 plus white tail in your neighbor hood we need to talk about helping each other out.

Yes not the best picture I have but trust me it is a bear. db

Just so happens I drew an ND bear tag

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I forgot to sent my paper app in on the bear tag.

However there appears to be a number of black bear up here this year.
Other picture I have of this one is when it was chasing my buddies three legged dog.
Not sure why so many bear this year. but then I never thought I would see the amount of elk up here either. Two cats killed last year near me and I never thought I would see them in my lifetime either.

In fact in my lifetime their where no whitetails on the prairie either let alone 150 class bucks. No stands, cameras, ar rifles and that list can go on and on. A lot of rabbits and I do miss those hunts. Changed a lot in the last 50 years. db

Creativity

I would be happy to come out and shoot an elk if you happen to be in the e2 area
I have a cow tag and would love some direction on where the elk are! Thanks

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude.. you are trying way to hard for answers. You make your luck. Go out and give it a whirl! There are elk to be found. No one here is going to take your hand and guide you to an elk. The experience of finding one and getting a shot is worth way more than killing one in my opinion. Good luck!

Creativity

Just trying to give it 110% before i get out in the dirt

Thanks for the advice and its true i am trying to hard. Lol

But from home hours away from where i will be hinting all i can do if get more prepared and think about it!

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't the G&F send you a list of landowner contacts? That's where I would be spending my time and efforts if I had a cow tag.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting for a cow should be way easier than trying to get a bull or even to get access to land.
Have you contacted the game warden for that unit yet? If not that is a good start too.

Creativity

Thanks both great advice. Game fish and Parks was not handing out landowner information this year... Or so I was told I did not receive anything... I did talk to the warden and he was very helpful!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
When do you plan on hunting? Please give us your stories and recollections upon your return to the flat land

Creativity

Well I had an absolutely amazing hunt they were right in the oats like someone said. I followed them during the day and got a beautiful evening hunt right on the top of the hills North of the little Missouri!

I was there for 6 days day one through three or a real struggle and I came before rifle season just so I can start to scout. I talked to tons of people knocked on every door I saw and for the most part absolutely everybody was perfect.

I ran into an extremely generous family that took me three days to get a hold but in the end I've never met anybody more generous and kind to somebody they just met! And it didn't end there they offered to help me find my elk they offered to help me get my elk out on horseback they let me take a shower after 5 days of sleeping in my Jeep!!! And after I got my elk they let me put my meat in their freezer so I could stay an extra day and go to a birthday party with them it was an all-around epic time and an epic hunt definitely the best once in a lifetime experience for hunting so far... What we got to the party we had a great time and another friend offered his hunting cabin for us to stay in out of the blue doesn't even know us!!!

It seems like there was no generosity or kindness lost to this oilfield boom I think just the opposite came about.
I think people don't knock on doors or drive slowly in driveways or respect people's gates and animals! Many of the common Sense things that seem like common sense to me but maybe not to everyone in the world you just make sure you respect people when you come up to their door wear your hat forward tuck your hair in your hat so you look like respectable young human! And then just ask. ask for exactly what you want. Make sure it's clear and respect their decision.. in the end no matter what kill them with kindness if you don't get what you want! I think that this hasn't happened for a long time out there and in return their generosity is endless....

thanks to the community here for trying to help out I really appreciate everything everyone is done even the little comments help keep that in mind for the future people that need help also....

I think one of the most helpful pieces of information here that I received were that the elk love the oats....

- - - Updated - - -

I would post photos but I don't know how to do that

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83