Fifth Crow Wing Lake

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Taking the family to Fifth Crow Wing lake, in couple weeks. Never fished it, so looking for any insight on fishing this lake. Kids will want to fish bluegills and crappies; and I will be looking for walleyes. If you have an experience with this lake, I would greatly appreciate some tips.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
No experience on that particular lake but crappie tubes and Berkley crappie nibbles can't be beat around most weed lines/bulrushs for blugills. For the Walters you may have to head east from that location about 30 minutes and fish Leech Lake.
71wEoU8NOCL._AC_UL320_.jpg
[h=2]Berkley Powerbait Crappie Nibbles Dough Bait Glow [/h]

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
My folks have a cabin on Third Crow Wing. I rode the struggle bus for a long time trying to find fish worth catching, so my wife hired a fishing guide. Know his secret? Drag half crawlers around on a bullet weight near the weedlines or by the inlet.

Didn't catch eyes, but we did catch a bunch of bull gills in the 10-inch range.

Switched gears for crappies and pitched small black jigs tipped with black twister tails near the wild rice. Couldn't find any numbers, but managed a few in the 11-12 inch range.

Steve734

Just curious, why 5th Crow Wing? There are a total of 11 lakes in the Crow Wing chain and literally dozens of lakes in that immediate area.

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious, why 5th Crow Wing? There are a total of 11 lakes in the Crow Wing chain and literally dozens of lakes in that immediate area.

Did a VRBO rental, just happened to work for the dates we wanted.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74