WASP supernest

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have done the 12ga #8 a few times never stayed around for a body count. Those small ones 22 Bird shot works just fine. The wasp spray is fun also if I can keep the evil laugh under control.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife's grand parents were from Arkansas, the wasps we have are tame compared to these.

cache.php

Called a mud dauber. When they sting you its like someone shot you with a 22.

Google mud dauber stings to see what I'm talking about.

Whenever someone tells you to google something, probably don’t.....in other words I’ll take your word for it

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever someone tells you to google something, probably don’t.....in other words I’ll take your word for it

Does that F-ing thing have claws?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure looks like it has claws

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the shop vac, one time it ran for 3 weeks, sounded like a machine gun for a few hours. I could have shut if off sooner but visions of a cloud coming back out of the hose scared me. lol Opened the can 3 months later, 8" of corpses, take that MFers

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
put some liquid tempo in the shop vac next time. should take care of the danger of them exiting once sucked up.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
the old "cut the top off a pop bottle, and put it upside down back in the bottle, then put a couple inches of pop in it" trick works pretty well too, for the low tech among us. Also, safe around kids.

If you do it with blue num num, you might catch a dirtymike..

snowcat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a vid of a drone hovering by a nest, and it just chopped them to pieces, and they just kept a coming!

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last summer I started getting "The Great Black Wasp's" in my retaining wall. These bastards chase me, my dog, and scare the crap out of my now 3 yr old. I tried the gas trick...ended up with black rock wall instead of red...then I got some Lorsban from work...I must have missed one of their entrances because these big sons a bitches were back. Finally I got all Jon Candy'd up like in the Great Outdoors and squared off with a couple of em. Ended up getting 2 of em and one must have been the head cheese cuz they left and haven't been back since...these fukerz look for a fight if you get within 10 feet of their den.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 years ago I was out setting a trail camera. Stepped on an old hollow log and broke through it. Wasps came flying out and I freaked out. Dropped the camera and ran as fast as I could towards the four wheeler. Ended up getting stung 17 times. Can legitimately say they are my biggest fear now. I freak out whenever something buzzes by my head. Sucks when I'm sitting in a tree stand.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i hate em too. we were dumb as kids. always shooting sling shots and throwing shit at them in the wedges of the old barns and garages where i grew up. stung a few times that way and probably deserved it. but, once i was playing ditchem and was sneaking between an old garage and a caragana hedge. it was dark back there. stood right next to the thing. stung me close to a dozen times. been fearful of them ever since.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I delivered LP gas back in the 80's, you would be surprised on how many of those basterds like to build nests under LP tank lids. Learned during summer fill to give those covers a blast of liguid gas before opening, 44 below zero gas slows them down quite a bit and they get crunchy.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
After all the talk I was careful on the 4th when I opened the umbrella on the patio. Sure enough there is Mrs. Yellow jacket in take off position setting on the beginning of a new nest. She never picked up on a heat signature of my Leatherman as it stalked her small brain bucket.20190704_113739.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69