Drotto Boat Latch

Deerhntr71

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have one of these and what do you think of it?
What is the difference between the one for $259 and $279.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best money I’ve ever spent....I will put one on every boat I own from now on.

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they work they're darn nice, especially on a roller.
When they don't it sucks, buddies never works.

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have one and will never go without. Never had a single problem with it. Makes unloading and loading very quick. The 2 different styles are made for specific trailers. Roller width. I have a bunk trailer and even by myself I can be very efficient and quick. Worth the money for sure

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drotto is one of those products that once you have it you'll kick yourself for not buying it years ago.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talked to a DNR officer today that had one on his trailer and he said don't waste your money.

elkeater

I Just put one on and I love it. It really helps when you are alone, and if you have help they don't have to get out of the vehicle or I don't have to lean over the front of the boat. The difference is the one for 279 has an extra roller on top, it says if is for ranger and stratos boats. I have a stratos and see why, when I unload the front of the boat goes straight down and would hit the top of the latch. With the roller on it helps by pushing your boat away from the latch. I have been with a guy when he loaded with a 20 foot skeeter with a drotto, he doesn't have the roller and worked perfectly. I read reviews all over the internet before I got one and I could not find a bad one, that is why I bought one. I love it!

Deerhntr71

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks everyone for your help. I have a 17 foot Lund with roller trailer. I am going to get one and install on my trailer. Thanks again.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2003 620 Ranger and my buddy has a 620 2013 Ranger. His seems to work a little better thsn mine. Today I got it on my second run, so it worked pretty good imo. It sure moves the trailer and shakes my F150. My buddy has a bigger truck. Maybe if i lower my hitch the angle would be better. Sure beats leaning over edge!

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta play with the angle and I find I have to put my trailer lower in the water when loading. Once you find the sweet spot they are awesome. Going to be installing one on my dads trailer here later today.

gripnrip

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you happen to have a tracker boat, they make different jaws for them. Just contact drotto and they will send you replacements for free.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can these attach to older (early 90s Skeeter) boats?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I need to put mine on the other hole so that it sits back a little. There's two options when installing for which bolt hole too use. I'm going to change mine so that I don't have to push that heavy boat so hard.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69