05 SYLVAN VIPER 18', Anyone running one?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for a new to me boat. Anyone run one of these? Any concerns or anything specific to look at when checking it out? Pros, cons? I am on the fence on making the switch to fiberglass as well.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve got an ‘04 sylvan viper 18 footer. Bought it from my uncle who takes amazing care of his stuff about 4 years ago. It’s been a really good rig and I haven’t had any problems with it at all.

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the best first glass fishing boats you can buy for this area. Well built "lots of fiberglass" and usually comes with a 150 yamaha or 140 Suzuki 4 strokes, both great bullet proof motors.
Handles sakakawea as also, you can't go wrong if the price is right. And that 05 has a front rod locker, that's super handy. You'll be very happy with the boat. Wide open in the back with jump seats makes it real roomy and family oriented as well.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the best first glass fishing boats you can buy for this area. Well built "lots of fiberglass" and usually comes with a 150 yamaha or 140 Suzuki 4 strokes, both great bullet proof motors.
Handles sakakawea as also, you can't go wrong if the price is right. And that 05 has a front rod locker, that's super handy. You'll be very happy with the boat. Wide open in the back with jump seats makes it real roomy and family oriented as well.

100% agree. Great boat

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve got an ‘04 sylvan viper 18 footer. Bought it from my uncle who takes amazing care of his stuff about 4 years ago. It’s been a really good rig and I haven’t had any problems with it at all.
What motor does this have? What are you getting for speed? I would assume this wouldn't have any issues pulling a tube

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this one has the jump seats, it looks like those are a "snap" in option that may have been gone along the way. What would the right price be roughly? I don't know if the NADA guide is the best for boat prices. This has a 150 Yamaha, 9.9 kicker yamaha

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just bought an 06' this year. We always go to Sak and yesterday was a little rough. handled it just fine. Mine has a 140 Suzuki on it. Great boat so far. Only negative I can see is wish it had just a bit more storage as the front live well seems almost useless when there is a 32 gallon one in the back. I am thinking of making that a little extra storage. I am the 3rd person in my family to have a Sylvan viper and we all have nothing but good to say about them.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
[MENTION=852]GSM[/MENTION] mine has a 150 mercury optimax with a 9.9 mercury kicker. Get around 42 or 43 by myself but rarely run wide open because I’m just not in that big of a hurry. Fish basically sakakawea and oahe with it exclusively because that’s the lakes I like to fish. Fished some rough water on Sak with no problems.

Founding Member
Founding Member
15-18k would be a good deal if its in great shape. You start paying more and I would start looking for a clean skeeter 1880 with a 200 hpdi.
Great motor setup on yours there, most came with a bimini top and that is nice for the family as well. Upgrade the trolling motor and get some kick ass batteries and maybe a newer graph or two and your set!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76