Crazy Rain Yesterday

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rained at Metigoshe from the time I got up until now - still raining. Checked a few minutes ago ... received 2" so far and still coming down. The Lake was low this spring ... this should help. Should go out and collect 'crawlers, but think I will just go to the bait shop!

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like sakakawea came up 7-8 inches in the past 24 hours, yikes.

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had 1.8" and a friend had 6.25" 7 miles south of me. West of New town.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
we should talk about making sure that never ever happens again

that's BS

Third time for us, but first time in this house. Same story though: Window well floods and gets into basement. Luckily this gives us the opportunity to install an egress window and do needed updates. Just horrible timing financially.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Third time for us, but first time in this house. Same story though: Window well floods and gets into basement. Luckily this gives us the opportunity to install an egress window and do needed updates. Just horrible timing financially.

if you need help installing external sump pit/pump or some such to stop-gap prevent this let me know

now that the ground is saturated we're ripe for a string of this crap

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you need help installing external sump pit/pump or some such to stop-gap prevent this let me know

now that the ground is saturated we're ripe for a string of this crap

I appreciate that! IF we were at the old house I'd totally take you up on that. I feel like this was a freak thing, mostly due to poor placement of the sump pump hose. I may find a way to trench that bastard out to the street, but it has to be close to 100 feet. We should just leave it on bypass to the main drain all year, however the city frowns upon that after March 31 I believe.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I went to Menards and bought a 100ft roll of 3" solid drain hose and took a tile spade and dug it down to the ditch out in front of my house. Don't have to move when I mow. Open end by house and just slide the sump pump hose in when spring time comes so it does not freeze up. Plug both ends when done in fall so no critters build home sweet homes in it. Works for me. Less than 40$ for 100 ft pipe.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75