Governors cup

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just arrived at Fort Stevenson state park for 10 days of fishing and drinking. Hopefully 4 30 racks of Busch light and 2 jugs of pendalton is enough to last.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
FYI the grocery store in town has some good looking New York strip steaks on sale for $8 a pound, it’s what’s for supper Friday :;:rockit

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't imagine the ol' noggin will operate effectively with all the mix of beer & booze? You might want to add some water to the Pendleton while the daytime highs are popping to 90 degrees.

The bite has been pretty finicky of late and the bite shuts down at the flick of a switch.

parttimr

Will be down there in a few hours ourselves for the weekend trying to find fish on the east end beast.

Sotaman

Established Member
Run and gun is how I have been finding them. Pop two or three in a spot and move not worth sticking around for because you done fished it out. This is what I have noticed anyway.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't imagine the ol' noggin will operate effectively with all the mix of beer & booze? You might want to add some water to the Pendleton while the daytime highs are popping to 90 degrees.

The bite has been pretty finicky of late and the bite shuts down at the flick of a switch.
My ole noggen doesn’t operate very effectively on a normal day. I struggled today. I fished the same way and depth that I have been all summer at mid lake and it doesn’t work that way on the east end. I’m going to have to change my strategy

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My ole noggen doesn’t operate very effectively on a normal day. I struggled today. I fished the same way and depth that I have been all summer at mid lake and it doesn’t work that way on the east end. I’m going to have to change my strategy

Enjoy your week Skeeter....weather looks ok just watch those storms!

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Welcome to the east end of Sak. I don't even bother pre fishing for the cup cause it would just give me a false sense of where the fish will be. Was only able to fish 1 time before the cup last year and that was in mid June. We made top 10 after day one last year...then day 2 happened. Only been out twice so far this year and no pre fishing for the tourney for us. Good luck and HAVE FUN! That's what it's all about.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skeeter, did you get some of these?

E8A1559A-25DD-4F82-B8B6-84F2D27EC8D4.jpg

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look good, on my way over shortly, ahhhhh crap, scratch that I forgot I am at work while looking at them. Enjoy the time up there guys

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skeeter, did you get some of these?

31e336bf7b9f958555285e0c8b1d600a-1.jpg
they were just out of those, but I bought a 15lbe rib eye that we are going to make Sunday night 😉

- - - Updated - - -

Fishing was on fire today. Even my son who hates fishing had fun.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did well today, too. On the water around 7:45 and off of the water by 10:30am.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Heading to Sak State park this morning...gonna head west few miles, look for walter just outside some bays.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The state park ramp is a little sporty today
My buddy broke the winch post off his trailer last night, so I took it back to Beulah this morning and welded it back up. Meet him at the state park ramp this afternoon to put it back together and my god for nice scenery. Made me feel like a dirty old man because I’m sure some off them were young but I still looked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75