Did Oahe Winterkill??

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't believe people still want to fight over space on these 2 sloughs in ND when the fishing is just as great in a lot of less pressured lakes. Went to a small lake Saturday and had my limit of walleye in 2 hours. There were only 2 other boats on the lake and we all kept our distance from each other. Oh if anyone's wondering it was..........mud lake;)

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
welcome to the club -- --- the difference is that hwy 83 ---most of the boats going north are still ND. Cant say that with the boats going east and west on the eastern part of hwy 2.

I have heard this one before many times: the guys who fish three days, take 10 home and eat 5, or the residents who fish 10 weekends a year? I can say I take way more fish from my local body of water in a year than I do with a 3 day on Sak.

That is true - but next man up - right

Bottom line -- is that SAK got a stocking of 4 million bigger than a fingerling per year for multiple years --- yet when i visit - which i have to admit was only once so far this summer - the number of non-resy's in the boat ramp lot was not even recognizable. Go visit a boat ramp lot at devils lake --- i have some times this year where i am the only resident parked at the ramp. Where is DL's 4 million??? i dont care DL reproduces -- throw em in. They are cleaning 12 inchers anyway - they might as well clean a couple fingerlings.

What i cant believe -- is the number of out of staters drive forever to get here, have the big boats(80k plus)and they cleaning dinks at the cleaning station. It shows you how bad the rest of the states are.

PS with regards to the Sodaks ---- Kurt sent em up here
;:;popcorn

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
welcome to the club -- --- the difference is that hwy 83 ---most of the boats going north are still ND. Cant say that with the boats going east and west on the eastern part of hwy 2.

I have heard this one before many times: the guys who fish three days, take 10 home and eat 5, or the residents who fish 10 weekends a year? I can say I take way more fish from my local body of water in a year than I do with a 3 day on Sak.

That is true - but next man up - right

Bottom line -- is that SAK got a stocking of 4 million bigger than a fingerling per year for multiple years --- yet when i visit - which i have to admit was only once so far this summer - the number of non-resy's in the boat ramp lot was not even recognizable. Go visit a boat ramp lot at devils lake --- i have some times this year where i am the only resident parked at the ramp. Where is DL's 4 million??? i dont care DL reproduces -- throw em in. They are cleaning 12 inchers anyway - they might as well clean a couple fingerlings.

What i cant believe -- is the number of out of staters drive forever to get here, have the big boats(80k plus)and they cleaning dinks at the cleaning station. It shows you how bad the rest of the states are.

PS with regards to the Sodaks ---- Kurt sent em up here
;:;popcorn

Some of the parking lots are 1/2 full of non-residents. The 605 turds from Sioux falls area are a bunch of magpies that follow you around and cut you off on passes as they see you catch a fish. Most drive a $80,000 ranger and don't have a nickels worth of ettiqiute or common sense. I will guarantee that we will have zebra mussells in Sakakawea from these shit bags.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious what zebra mussels can do . This European deer mount was placed in Lewis and Clark at Yankton last year :
67210934_10157457327833739_8142669187559456768_o.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82