Putting Camso tracks on...

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody put tracks on John Deere Gator?

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure about the Casmo tracks but I was told the other day that if i intended to use my tracks on anything other then snow to go With Mattracks that they have a better design and will hold up in other terrine, I understand a person buys them for snow, but sometimes there will be a stubble field or a short run on gravel roads when I go Coyote hunting. And the guy at the dealership told me I would happier with Mattracks of course at a higher cost. I just thought I would pass that info on

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha had to google camso, didn't know camoplast had been bought out. TIL today thanks guy.:;:thumbsup

I doubt a short trip or 3 on gravel or any other terrain will make much difference. The mattracks are made of a harder compound but they wear on terrain other then snow or mud too. That's what tires are made for anyway.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guess I won't ask johnr for any advice on a JD Gator, he must like the color pink

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does he ever and he rocks it :
pink-assless-chaps.jpg

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
a stubble field or short run on gravel negates the Camso??? :mad:
The 4 S are all season , no problem in the mud or on gravel.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the big fear of belts. I have never had to or do I think I will ever need to change the belt on my 2000 AC 500 auto. I 3500+ miles on it. The AC units are built with belt always engaged. Essentially, the belts drive isn't the clutch. It only shifts. There is a separate centrifugal wet clutch to stop and go. I don't think I've ever slipped the belt.

By the way, I would never put tracks on an ATV. They design snowmobiles for going on the snow and ATVs are designed for wheels. I would say that the tracks are way above and beyond the stress levels created by the wheel induced loads.

Versatility, don't see a lot of sleds running around in the summertime.
Tracks on my Rubicon will take me just about anywhere a sled will go.

Funfish

Been running camso for 2 years with no issues

49589747_1888679571181081_368436115855638528_o.jpg camso utv tracks on textron stampede 900, no speed demon but goes almost anywhere highly recommend em

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody put tracks on John Deere Gator?

2 friends have them on 825's. 0 issues.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I would never put tracks on an ATV. They design snowmobiles for going on the snow and ATVs are designed for wheels. I would say that the tracks are way above and beyond the stress levels created by the wheel induced loads.

I've owned my ATV and tracks for 10yrs. 0 problems with any steering or suspension components. 750 Suzuki, I run it in low with the tracks. Honestly, even if I could run it in high @ 40MPH, I wouldn't be able to hang on. 15-20MPH is top end most days once the wind whips up some drifts out on the lake.

Last time I went ice-fishing with a guy on a snowmobile, I ended up using my tracked ATV to get that guy unstuck.................

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
While Mattracks might be more well suited to cover the 4 seasons, I have heard many say the Camso will outperform them in the snow.

There is likely some give and take in the design where if you want better snow/winter performance you give up some on the dirt/mud and vice versa.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a 900 Polaris Ranger, had to change the belt last year. Cost me around $300 for the belt and labor at the dealership. Belt was $200 labor was $100.

I ran for 4 years on that 1 belt, and tracks for 3 yrs.

Finaddict

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not keep the wheels and rims too and switch them in the spring and fall. I'm thinking of doing that before winter this year. I've been told by the dealer that it isn't too difficult after the first installation and set-up. Power steering is a must have (Ranger 1000 full cab). We use our Ranger as a small pick-up for work all summer (spraying, hauling, wood cutting and driving on pavement etc. so tracks all year would not work well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m planning on switching to tracks late fall while weather still decent (no garage/shop where sxs is used in summer)

switch to wheels after late ice

deer season is often dry, so plan on using it then

just grass, brush, little gravel

so I think Camso tracks will be fine

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m planning on switching to tracks late fall while weather still decent (no garage/shop where sxs is used in summer)

switch to wheels after late ice

deer season is often dry, so plan on using it then

just grass, brush, little gravel

so I think Camso tracks will be fine

Make sure you measure your trailer if enclosed to ensure that the machine will fit. Know a couple guys who ended up with new trailers for similar situations.

Finaddict

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy: That's a great looking set-up. Where did you get the front rack for it? Did you add air conditioning? Thinking about it for our ranger after this summer. We use it all the time at our new place, for just about everything (even going into town to the post office or bakery;)'

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75