ND State Fair--Boycott or support

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trip report. Got conned into takin the kid today. First stop wristband second stop cheese curds. Third stop, the ward county fair midway. Things are different this year. A new company has taken over the midway. Gone are the days of cash on the strip. The carnies now require you to go to a machine and buy credits. So, not that I played any games but the inner me made me go see wtf these credits were all about and how much they cost. $1 per credit. =$5 to throw a dam dart at a balloon, I checked. As I looked at the credit machines, in the span of not long 1 ladies $20 bill was taken and she was fucked outta her credits lol she was maaaad. Next up, bam money in no credits again. It was some funny stuff. I call it the ward county fair because, well this year by the looks of the midway thats all it is. A county fair with terrible rides with twice as much carnie games to fill the midway. Do yourself a favor and go fishin instead. East end looks enticing from todays govenors cup. Next trip report would most likely come from the beer gardens but Ile go ahead and skip that cuz i wont remember shit.

Tootles

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to Rascal Flatts last night, worst concert I’ve ever been to, walked out half way and went to the beer gardens

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, concert wasn't that good, we left 3/4s of the way thru. The 45 minuet wait between the opening act and Rascal Flats really SUCKED. Lots of eye candy though. :cool: We ate at the Ground Round before the concert, so didn't even check out the food places. Will have to go early one day and eat some fair food.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last nights concert, I thought was very good. Between Chase Rice and Justin Moore it was 3 hours of good music and crowd interaction. Went a couple hours early to walk thru the south 1/2 of the fair grounds. Lots more new food places and other various vendors. After last night my check liver light has started to flash on and off. ;:;boozer

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Concertgoers help woman in wheelchair enjoy Weezer concert

weezer+wheelchair+photo+for+web.JPG

Photo courtesy: Kate Marthaler

By MINOT, N.D. – |
Posted: Mon 1:26 PM, Jul 29, 2019

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

MINOT, N.D. - Some good Samaritans did their part to make sure a fellow concertgoer could enjoy the music at this year’s North Dakota State Fair.
A group of people at Saturday evening’s Weezer concert lifted up a woman using a wheelchair and held the chair on their shoulders so she could see the stage.
Kate Marthaler, who attended the show, shared the now-viral image on Facebook.

weezer+wheelchair+photo+for+web.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

:;:rockit

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well other than me needing a new liver, the rest of the fair after Sundays concert wasn't that great. Went to both nights of the enduro races with my daughter, Monday night there was 36 cars and Tuesday there were only 25. :;:lame. Ned Ledoux was just ok. This was I believe the 3rd time I have seen Tim MaGraw, wasn't that good and played WAY TO LOUD for my liking, I would say this was the worst out of the 3 I have seen of his. Had a friend go to Rick Springfield and she said he was great. The daughter went to Wezzer and told me they were really good also.

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well other than me needing a new liver, the rest of the fair after Sundays concert wasn't that great. Went to both nights of the enduro races with my daughter, Monday night there was 36 cars and Tuesday there were only 25. :;:lame. Ned Ledoux was just ok. This was I believe the 3rd time I have seen Tim MaGraw, wasn't that good and played WAY TO LOUD for my liking, I would say this was the worst out of the 3 I have seen of his. Had a friend go to Rick Springfield and she said he was great. The daughter went to Wezzer and told me they were really good also.

I heard the Enduro numbers are low.....I don't know if its because it changed hands on who is putting it on, or if most of the guys just lost interest in it. I ran it once back in the day and I think it had like 75+ cars, it was the year it had a super hard down pour just after it started, I spun out coming out of corner 4 , car died, couldn't get it started, them bam...got hit head on. He called the show for the night and told everyone to come back the next night. I said I couldn't make it back, was told to find different driver, they weren't refunding entry fee. I lost interest in running once I heard that lap counters were cheating, plus I was racing a race car also, that may be one of the reason's most people have quit running them. You now have to run transponders, may have to get a car going for next year. Transponders are the way to go, if you race circle track now a days, you need one or you don[t run, along with a race receiver, have both so that one expense I have covered...lol

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weezer was good. Never heard the opening band before and it was decent (Ramones-esque punk).

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rick Springfield was very good and he did Minot a huge favor. Eddie Money got sick at the last second and Rick helped bring in Jefferson Starship and the Greg Kihn Band. I don't think Greg Kihn has a band anymore. His drummer and guitarists were borrowed from Rick Springfield.

These performers are in pretty good shape for their age. Springfield is 69 or 70.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Last Enduro I ran in about 89ish had over a hundred fifty cars. I was # 147 took 3rd but guy in 2nd lied about last time he raced full time so i got second. 1000 dollar check was like i won the lottery!! lol lots of Coors light that night!!!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason I go is to see the scantily clad women! Sorry

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103