White Stone Like Things Puked up by Walleyes

stalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahab's #9 post

I thought he was making that up.

The walleyes I was catching were 21" at the most. I can't imagine them eating a fish big enough to have teeth that size.

Maybe small fish have teeth that size.

Or, are they doing what KDM said and it's not rocks, but they are sucking up Muskie shit.

emerald

Established Member
fresh water coral, no shit, i dated a chick from msu, who dove for these, only certain lakes have em

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to wonder if it's not some part of a crayfish's crusher claw or some such that is resistant to stomach acid. The little white "tooth" that protrudes out just to the right of the dactylopodite label

Crayfish12D.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

8823986-close-up-of-crayfish-claws-on-a-white-background-.jpg

Big C

I believe they are actually a shoulder or hip ball joint from a salamander.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone else have Trypophobia after seeing those pictures of the teeth? They cause the same reaction in me as scratching nails on a chalkboard.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone else have Trypophobia after seeing those pictures of the teeth? They cause the same reaction in me as scratching nails on a chalkboard.

Haha I remember the rumor going around saying shampoo or something caused a skin condition and they photoshopped that seed pod on nipples and other places. People were talking about that phobia and actually freaking out about it. After seeing that pic probably hundreds of times I couldn’t help but notice it was getting annoying to look at. Our brains are crazy.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have cleaned walleyes that were full of crayfish before from dry lake by Ashley N D .

Walleyenerd

Anybody know what these are? I have found quite a few of these in the live well and on the floor of the boat lately. The walleyes are also puking up a lot of crayfish parts. These stone like things resemble the kids' baby teeth when they fell out.

Are they crayfish assholes?
I know this is a really old thread, but I just bumped into it. The "stones" you found are crayfish gastroliths. They are very common in walleye stomachs when crayfish molt and are in the softshell stage.

https://www.toknowtheland.com/blog/crayfish-gastroliths

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81