Evinrude Issues

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
The motor is up and running after some working with the pick-up filters in the gas tanks. Had it out once this last weekend and last night, ran like a top. Fishing for me sucked BTW, just one dinky perch in 20 FOW in Beulah Bay. I think I've got all the part numbers that I need, just need to find them and the cash to afford them ;:;banghead

On a side note, does anyone have any experience tearing out back-to-back lounge seats and installing pedestal seats in a boat with a carpeted wooden deck? The lounge seats that are in there are falling apart at the hinges and are a PITA to even try to sit on. I'd love to throw a couple of pedestal seats and bases in, but I'm not sure what might be under the deck or how exactly a guy would go about bolting the bases down. Any tips or anyone here that's done it?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bases just use stainless steel wood screws, probably a #12 or 14. Just don't get carried away with the length and you should be fine. Depending on the base style, you may have to also cut a hole in the floor for the where the post inserts. Lots of choices out there, if the seats aren't likely to ever be removed, go with ones that don't require a hole in the floor. If there are times you may remove them, go with the flat ones that will need a hole in the floor.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74