You mess with a bison you get the horns

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
MEDORA, N.D. - We have photos from the scene of that bison attack over the weekend.

bison+attack+3.jpg

Photo courtesy: Cherie Roshau

These photos were taken by Cherie Roshau with her long lens camera.
Park officials say a 17-year-old Colorado girl was struck by a bison in the south unit of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park on Saturday morning.
They say she was walking toward the parking lot from the Lower Paddock Creek Trail. There were two male bison who had just finished fighting, one on each side of the trail about 20 feet apart. She walked between them, then one charged her from behind, striking her right leg and sending her six feet in the air.
The girl was airlifted to Sanford in Bismarck. She was reported in stable condition, but there is no word on the extent of her injuries or her expected recovery time.
Roshau says she and her sister and niece were at the site when the teen was struck.
Roshau says several hikers were not able to get back to the vehicles because of the aggressive bulls. She says the medic helicopter was able to push the bison north of the hikers and the first responders so they could get back.
Officials say this incident is a good reminder to be careful around these wild animals

It said on the news tonight that some people think there isn't enough information\signs warning people exactly how dangerous bison are!! Ha ha what a bunch of dumbasses. For shit sake people its a WILD animal they aren't your average cow. I'm guessing signs and more info wouldn't help anyhow. ;:;banghead

Last edited:

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont get it, this gal walked between two male bison who had just finished fighting and were 20 feet apart and one of them charged her and sent her flying through the air? That is ssssooooooooo weird, kinda like the twilight zone

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope the 17 year old girl is ok......sheesh guys. Yeah, "bunch of dumb asses". She made a life altering mistake so let's ROAST her!

Dumb asses....she's a 17 year old girl.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kind of took the 'dumb ass' comments to be directed at the people crying for better signage not the young lady. Maybe a bison reading program so they know what they are capable of....

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
After they teach the bison how to read, they can send them door to door collecting signatures for initiated measures.

Hope the girl is ok.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really CatDaddy!! Just by reading your post I can see your the type of guy that, unless everything is typed out for you or when you have a conversation with someone, you don't listen to the whole conversation, you read between the lines and assume things on your own. Beings your one of those types, let me tell you this I HOPE SHE IS OK AND EVERYTHING TURNS OUT GOOD FOR HER. Does that make you feel better now Cat? Answer this Cat, at what age do you think people should know the dangers in life? I would hope that by the age of 6 or 7 the young ones know that bison can kill you if you get to close. Are you one of those that think people should be excused of there actions in life up until they are 25 or 30? And Worm was right, my comment was directed at the dumb people in life, that want more information and signs, but my guess is they are to dumb to understand it anyhow.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i remember right this is the 3rd one in about 2 weeks that got tossed by a bison in a park in US/Canada.
People don't think they are wild or what? They are darn lucky when they landed the bulls didn't grind them into the earth!
Definitely she must have been a city gal because if you were raised on a farm/ranch you were taught at a young age not to walk between to bulls that either were or had been fighting or are in separate pastures and bellering (sp) back and forth. Or a cow with a calf is just as bad as a pissed off bull.
Heard she got gored in the upper leg and hopefully she will be ok.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cattle have been domesticated for thousands of years and I still don't trust them. Bison were still roaming wild 150 years ago, now think about that.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kind of took the 'dumb ass' comments to be directed at the people crying for better signage not the young lady. Maybe a bison reading program so they know what they are capable of....

That's ridiculous. Hardly any bison can read.

I jest, just a bit. People (stupidly) think that signs will solve everything.

A few months ago, an elderly gentleman died in Florida, after swimming in some water that contained some bacteria. He had a compromised immune system, due to chemo. I'm sorry that he died, and I'm sure it was unpleasant, to say the least. But the family now wants signs put up, all over the swamps in FL, so that people know that swamps can contain bacteria.

In regards to the girl in this bison attack, I wish her the best. I'd say she's not stupid. I'd say she made a mistake.

Jaykay

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope the 17 year old girl is ok......sheesh guys. Yeah, "bunch of dumb asses". She made a life altering mistake so let's ROAST her!

Dumb asses....she's a 17 year old girl.

almost old enough to vote. Old enough to drive. Old enough to go hunting with a gun by her self. Just being near bison you feel the power they have then to walk between them. Come on there has to be some accountability. What about the parents where were they to tell the kid they have raised not to walk between two 2000 pound plus wild animals? Roast is light if this is the stupidity of the future generations we are fucked

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now get this... last night's news cast she did a recorded telephonic interview where she stated "I didn't do anything to aggravate him, he just charged at us...":;:huh

If that statement all by itself doesn't make one wonder, I'll go ahead and say it ~~~~~> SNOWFLAKE and CLUELESS

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you see this one?

Yes, I saw it. That girl - both girls for that matter, are lucky.

Both are "wrong place - wrong time" type of situations. I doubt that either of these kids (and that's what they are, kids) are looking for the sympathy of a bunch of guys on some website.

But, to laugh about it, and even call them stupid, isn't exactly great either.

Shoe on the other foot. Someone raised on the farm/ranch, goes to NYC, goes bumbling around in the wrong part of town, at the wrong time, and gets themselves mugged and killed.

Every city dweller laughs and calls that person a dumbass?

I dunno. Take a look in the mirror, before finding delight in someone else's misfortunes.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm confused - was there more than one in Theodore Roosevelt Park? The news today and yesterday said a "17 year old BOY from Colorado" was gored.....and the interview this morning on GMA was with a 17 year old Boy from CO.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's really up to that particular person on any given day - you heathens. Maybe they were feeling girl the day of the incident and at the hospital they started feeling boy. Ever think of that?

People are so still not woke!

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. We used to go to the zoo at night in Bismarck and talk to the buffalo after we'd been partying.

They would occasionally let us know they were capable of destroying us by charging the chain link fence. It was really really dark... and all you heard was the thunder of hooves announcing their imminent approach - and us squealing like school girls trying to get away from the fence prior to impact.

I'm not proud of what we did.

Not ashamed either - we were young/dumb/alive.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did the same exact thing but the fence didn't stop us, we rode those buckin' Shetland ponies like we were Lane Frost one dark fall night. Word to this day is that the homeowners were inside listening and laughing but I'm not sure if I believe that..

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a funnier note, anyone have that CD by Nuely Dean? Mixing guns with alcohol?. Lol during every episode! oops..hijack thread.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm confused - was there more than one in Theodore Roosevelt Park? The news today and yesterday said a "17 year old BOY from Colorado" was gored.....and the interview this morning on GMA was with a 17 year old Boy from CO.

Huh. I hadn't noticed.

the article at the beginning of this thread said girl.

The other one, was a 9 yr old girl, but not at Medora.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74