You mess with a bison you get the horns

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHE, a "Lonesome George" is not something I can give enough personal space. It just seems like whenever I run across one, there's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully they at least butchered the Bison.
Glad she will be OK and hopefully a little more cautious next time.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bison along the county road 10 or so miles north of Granville Tuesday on my way to Minot.

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
some biker chick tried to pet a bison calf in custer today and moma was not having it.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm assuming this was the incident 5575 mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWRT2nW6VpE

"Dramatic footage shows the moment a woman was charged at by an adult bison after she approached a calf to take up-close photographs.Before she reached the calf, the bison knocked her to the ground, ripping off her trousers in the process."

This one shows just how powerful these animals are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECViNQYuzAI

Eyelife

Been happenin in Yellowstone every year of my 35 years living in MT. Local radio station keeps score. I think it’s Bison 3, tourists 0 this year. Hope the girl is ok.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don’t know anything about wild animals the last thing you should be doing is going near one. The stupidity just amazes me. Darwin is def at work

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photographic evidence of the perp buffalo that ripped off the lady's trousers
buffalo.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bisons near the road 12 miles or so north of Granville this am.

IMG_2725.jpg

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
And another stupid one finds out they aren't like cows.

The woman from Grove City, Ohio, approached the bison as it was walking near a boardwalk at Black Sand Basin, just north of Old Faithful, the park said in a statement. When she came within 10 feet of the bison, the animal gored her and tossed her 10 feet into the air.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have helped work Bison and have found for a big animal they can move like a cat only meaner and stronger. LB

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I saw it. That girl - both girls for that matter, are lucky.

Both are "wrong place - wrong time" type of situations. I doubt that either of these kids (and that's what they are, kids) are looking for the sympathy of a bunch of guys on some website.

But, to laugh about it, and even call them stupid, isn't exactly great either.

Shoe on the other foot. Someone raised on the farm/ranch, goes to NYC, goes bumbling around in the wrong part of town, at the wrong time, and gets themselves mugged and killed.

Every city dweller laughs and calls that person a dumbass?

I dunno. Take a look in the mirror, before finding delight in someone else's misfortunes.
If probably be that guy getting mugged. Lmao! Point well made

- - - Updated - - -

Hence why I stay out of big cities

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have helped work Bison and have found for a big animal they can move like a cat only meaner and stronger. LB

Not much different than working cattle except you don't get in the working system with them. Kind of exciting the first time you help round them up and get them in not knowing what to expect. Turns out they mainly want to get away from you and you just don't want to be where they want to run. The old bulls will want to hook you and kill you but the cows for the most part just want to run away. Rounding them up on atvs is just like herding cows except at 25mph. lol Always amazed me how they'd be running full bore stop be breathing hard tongues hanging out and you'd think they were tired and done. Next thing you know they go from full stop to full bore running as fast as they can without any windup. Also turn like birds in flight all while running full bore.

I laugh everytime I hear one of these stories of some idiot trying to pet one, those idiots are just asking for it.

I once was one of those idiots, buddy and I out booze cruising from one party to the next in our HS years, stopped on a gravel road to piss, noticed some donkeys standing in a fence watching us, we decided in our drunken state we should try to ride one, fortunately they weren't tame off and ran off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74