Skid Steer Attachments

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently purchased a newer skid steer (Bobcat s570), with counter weights it's a 2200ish lb lift. Going to be used for general stuff around the farm/ranch. Cleaning up horse shit, moving snow, grading road, feeding horses etc. My question is, for you guys feeding round bales, what are you using for grapples for larger 5-6 foot diameter rounds. The grapples I've been finding locally here in ND are insaneeeee heavy to start with. Example : Jenkins 6 foot bucket with grapple is 1306 lbs empty. Is there any lighter duty grapples out there on the market? Might just end up going with a simple bale spear for the time being.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy the heavy duty one...………...……...……..you just need a big friend to hang on the back of the skidder. ;:;rofl

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weird.....I spent a good couple hours yesterday looking at root grapples. The Everything Attachments bucket looks pretty damn awesome and weighs under 700lbs. Not sure how that one specifically would work with bales I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you own this, or know somebody that does? Just curious about quality on their stuff as the price usually reflects what you get...

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weird.....I spent a good couple hours yesterday looking at root grapples. The Everything Attachments bucket looks pretty damn awesome and weighs under 700lbs. Not sure how that one specifically would work with bales I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you own this, or know somebody that does? Just curious about quality on their stuff as the price usually reflects what you get...

That is really what the issue is. These root and debris grapples only open up from 50-60 inches, at most. I really need something that will open up to around 72 inches or so. And finding something that is around 1000 lbs or less (so I can grab a 1200 lb bale) has been quite the chore. It doesn't have to be super super heavy duty either, the hay grapple would be used for a single bale every couple of weeks, at most.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had lots of skid steer attachments when on the farm. You want something heavy duty as lightweight equipment won't stand up in time.
We used just a bale spear that we had made for moving bales but here is a Utility with grapple that you can use as a spear with grapple. Then turn around and use it to clean your barn or feed lot. Also use it to clean your tree grove too. Universal and Bobcat brands are usually pretty well made!
https://www.bismanonline.com/sykeston_nd/for_sale_bobcat_72_utility_bucket_with_grapple_fo

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you own this, or know somebody that does? Just curious about quality on their stuff as the price usually reflects what you get...[/QUOTE]

IMG_0191.jpg

I own this and was very supprised how well it is built. My bobcat isn't the most powerfull but it has held up great for me. I use the grapple almost as much as I use my pallet forks.

I also move allot of trailers around and if you have forks this hitch adapter is awesome,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01592943M/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy the heavy duty one...………...……...……..you just need a big friend to hang on the back of the skidder. ;:;rofl

Your son just messaged me. Found me a hay bale bucket with grapple that weighs in at 1025 lbs. Happy Happy. He's getting some prices for me now and hopefully its within budget.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything against a bale spear?

Nope. Nothing at all against them. Just kind of wanted an all in one, but am finding that price point for what I need is a bit out of reach. More than likely it may just come down to a bale spear, and they are simple and cost effective which makes me happy.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your son just messaged me. Found me a hay bale bucket with grapple that weighs in at 1025 lbs. Happy Happy. He's getting some prices for me now and hopefully its within budget.

Dame salesmen, always snooping around.;) If he doesn't get you a good price I'd buy the good one and hang him off the back of the skidder. :;:stirthepot

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you found a good deal on a heavier bucket, i wouldn't rule that out either... the 570 has a roc of 1950 without weights... if you hung a 200# weight kit on it, you now have a roc of 2050... that's a tipping weight of 4100#...

i've loaded 2000# bales with that machine with a miller grabtech, which is a heavy state of the art bucket for cattlemen, and had no issues... the thing with the 5 series is the narrower width which can make them a little tippy on angles...

good luck...

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope. Nothing at all against them. Just kind of wanted an all in one, but am finding that price point for what I need is a bit out of reach. More than likely it may just come down to a bale spear, and they are simple and cost effective which makes me happy.

Don't waste your money on a bale spear unless you are going to use it load unload bales on trailer. The pallet forks work great for handling bales and have multiple uses.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76