Physical Conditioning for Archery Season

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m getting in such good shape I might actually get my bow out this year!

Nah...

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
After some especially brutal climbs in Wyoming last year, first with full camp on my back, and then full of meat, I vowed to do more cardio training before my Colorado trip this year.

The altitude / air density difference is the real bitch.
I'm trying a training mask this year in preparation. It's entirely possible that it's just a goofy looking gimmick. Time will tell. It definitely makes me breathe a lot harder during a typical 3 mile run.

I kinda look like this, except more jacked ;)
bane2.jpg

Last edited:

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude, cam hanes is such an inspiration bro! I dont even eat solids anymore. I just drink mt ops cam hanes shakes and run the mountains all day. Its the only way to hunt elk. #keepjammering #$%^&>;:;rofl

cache.php

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone with knowledge care to give a little more information about the Dolce book? More specifically what kind of foods he suggests as I live in a rural area with one grocery store and I have found that many items on diets are often difficult for me to find. I'll gladly buy the book, but I don't want to if I can't readily have access to the things I need. I have a hiking trip planned for next summer in Wyoming...could definitely stand to shed several pounds before hand and it may take me that long to do it...not a motivated exerciser. I like my exercise behind dogs with a shotgun in my hand...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone with knowledge care to give a little more information about the Dolce book? More specifically what kind of foods he suggests as I live in a rural area with one grocery store and I have found that many items on diets are often difficult for me to find. I'll gladly buy the book, but I don't want to if I can't readily have access to the things I need. I have a hiking trip planned for next summer in Wyoming...could definitely stand to shed several pounds before hand and it may take me that long to do it...not a motivated exerciser. I like my exercise behind dogs with a shotgun in my hand...

Whole grains and fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. i live in a small town and have no problem finding stuff. There are also things that you can substitute if you cant find it. You can search ufc fit on line and find alot of the recipes. its pretty simple you have to be accountable for your self and eat fresh earth grown foods.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Whole grains and fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. i live in a small town and have no problem finding stuff. There are also things that you can substitute if you cant find it. You can search ufc fit on line and find alot of the recipes. its pretty simple you have to be accountable for your self and eat fresh earth grown foods.

I agree with kurt. Start preparing your food. Shop in fruits and veggies and meat departments. Stay away from pre cooked meals. Learn about what you are putting in your body and the more you will go to whole foods.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
"I would say that is really individual. If you are fat and out of shape but are hard as fuck mentally your fine but be in shape and soft your screwed."

I joke that I'm the fattest mountain goat you've ever seen. I may be heavy, but I'll climb the damn hill fast if there's a deer on the other side.

Turns out there's lots of Cam Hanes haters on here. That's too bad, the guy is inspirational as hell to me. Meh, to each his own. I hope that I can be a freak in my 50's. You might not need to be in great shape to hunt in your 30's and 40's, but I'd imagine you'll need to be an outlier to do it well in your 70's.

I'm going to lose 100lbsish this year, so I'll be sure to post #inspirational pics of me all shredded as I am "#continuingtohammer" like the kids say.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cheetos come from the earth. So does weed. This is all a conspiracy to get your grow operation started, isn't it

cbd is the new keto.. haha the goddamn hail messed up my cheeto trees but i hope to still get a crop or two

- - - Updated - - -

i like cam he might be to much for some but if you can run 200 miles and not stop that is impressive . I also like david goggins i like his no bullshit approach

nybs

Honored Member
7141CC84-FCD6-4A35-A061-7F90D14285E3.jpg
I got after it again this last weekend at a wedding...something about those skinny cans makes it feel healthier.

nybs

Honored Member
Seriously though I did pick up a new bow during the scheels sale and looking forward to shooting a lot this weekend. Have been hitting the total gym in my garage in the mornings - hopefully as can hold up to sighting it in.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weighted pack / scouting hike should be 6 or so miles when said and done today

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That guy is part sherpa and part mountain goat....not to mention UGLY!! ;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75