Woman sticks octopus on her face.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
People make me laugh. Has she never watched Nat Geo?

http://a.msn.com/05/en-us/AAFumao

A Washington woman, hoping an octopus on the face would make for a prize-winning photo, instead wound up with something she never expected: a faceful of pain and a trip to the hospital.
AAFufek.img
© Jamie Bisceglia Jamie Bisceglia of Fox Island, Wash., was sent to the hospital after posing for a photo with an octopus on her face last Friday.
Jamie Bisceglia told Fox News on Wednesday that she was participating in a fishing derby in the South Sound near the Tacoma Narrows Bridge last Friday when a group of men in the competition snagged an octopus. Bisceglia, 45, of Fox Island, on Wednesday recalled asking the men for the juvenile Pacific octopus they'd snagged, saying, “I’d like to eat it for dinner.” She also asked the men to take a photo of her with the sea creature, intending to enter the snap in the derby's photography contest: "It’s soft, it’s squishy, it doesn’t feel like it can hurt you -- I put it on my face.”
AAFumux.img
© Jamie Bisceglia Jamie Bisceglia told Fox News she asked a group of men to photograph her with the octopus.And at first, that wasn't so bad. “The tentacles were squirming in my ear, my nose, it was just playing with me on my face,” she said.
“And then all of a sudden its beak entered my chin and my eyes popped open wide and they could all see that I was getting attacked, and the photos are taken at the moment it was attacking me.”
The sensation was vivid and unforgettable. “Oh my gosh," she said, "when it bites you it feels like it’s barbed and if I pulled it out it was going to take out my flesh.”When she finally pulled the octopus off, she said, the pain was intense, and the bleeding lasted for a half-hour.Still, she didn't go to the hospital for two days, determined to finish two back-to-back fishing derbies first.Between derbies, she even went to a friend’s house, cooked the octopus for dinner and “enjoyed a beautiful meal that was delicious.”“I got a little revenge,” she added. The next day she competed in the second derby. But when she woke up after, she realized she had to see a doctor immediately. “I could tell I couldn’t swallow properly and I could tell when I opened my eyes it was kind of blurry, the left side of my face, my throat, my glands were swollen and it felt my left side of my face was parlayed,” Bisceglia said.Days later, she said, she's still hurting, and her face and throat remain swollen. She also has a rash on her chin to show for her bid to grab a memorable photo.Bisceglia said doctors told her the swelling could linger for months. And "I have to take tons of medicine, three different heavy doses of antibiotics and I’m taking milk thistle, which is supposed to help with the venom."Her takeaway? “I would tell everyone not to touch something that they don’t know what the consequences are.” And who won the fishing derby photo contest that set this misadventure in motion. The results, she says, are still coming sometime this week. After her octo-ordeal, she's hoping it'll at least pay off with a win.“There might be a silver lining,” she said.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I could make some extremely off-color remarks......I'll refrain. lol

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
“The tentacles were squirming in my ear, my nose, it was just playing with me on my face,” she said.“And then all of a sudden its beak entered my chin and my eyes popped open wide":;:huh

People losing touch with nature. Dumbass.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is this? Is this not America? Don't we as sportsmen have an obligation to make fun of those stupid people not from the midwest?

For Example: Now she will be a little more appreciative when her husband eats at the Y. Its not as easy at it looks. Danger lurks everywhere.

Like that.

"It's beak pierced my face"..

IndigenousWalleye78

Honored Member
"It's beak pierced my face"..

Its possible.....My daddy used to tell me that girls had teeth down there. So I never ventured down below until my mid twenties. A girl I was seeing finally convinced me to go down there and see for myself that there wasnt any teeth down there. So I did, I took a good hard look and came up and told her: "Well, you sure as hell dont have any teeth down there, but your gums look terrible!"

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well one good thing is I just learned octopus’s have beaks.

IndigenousWalleye78

Honored Member
On a separate note. I read the article again and did you see that it said they snagged the octopus? Where in the hell was her ticket from the warden? Shes just lucky that wasnt a record octopus.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
anytime you end up with some type of pus on your face it will no doubt lead to bad things

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74