Salmon reports?

Theadmiral

Well I'm getting the boat ready to give the salmon a try again this year. Was out last year for first time on the big lake last year with one release and no fish. Wanted to give it a try again this year. Hoping others that have been out could give some helpful reports. Thanks in advance to fellow anglers that are willing to post.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most everyone in the salmon fishing community will answer questions or give tips about baits,tactics,depths, etc.....maybe the only time there might be a few day window where it gets a tiny bit more tight lipped would be the week of the derby, but overall the trout and salmon club is a pretty tight knit group that’s very open to helping each other. I remember as a kid when Dad started salmon fishing and we heard about a good bite down in Sd. We headed down for a week and the first day or two were a slow learning experience. Dad and one of my uncles and my brother and I were talking to one of the guys who is no longer with us that was instrumental in getting the Great plainer’s group together at the dock and fishing had been good. He was explaining things that as a kid neither my brother or I were interested in but then he handed my brother a rig and gave Dad a wink. Wouldn’t you know it that rig caught several nice salmon throughout that week, and that was pushing 30 years ago. Salmon fishing will teach patience and humility to even the most seasoned angler at times but stick with it and never be afraid to ask for advice or tips to the other guys on the water or at the cleaning station. I think you’ll fund most all are really open to helping.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67