2019 Honda Passport reviews

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you have one of these and care to give a review? or on the newer model Honda Pilot? We have test drove both and also the Toyota Highlander. Leaning toward the Passport. May hold out til the 2020 models come out in hopes financing %'s come down on the 19's and total cost also.
Just sold our 2012 Toyota Rav.
Thanks!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We shopped for a mid-size SUV for wifey a few years back. The HighLander ride and interior layout really impressed me vs every other rig and I think we tried them all - including the Passport.

Wife settled for a used Lexus for less $$$. Much firmer ride but she preferred the Lexus and it cost less so who was I to argue?

- - - Updated - - -

The HighLander might also have been the ugliest rig - but I loved being in it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
next is the landrover, range rover, ceyenne--- get your checkbook out.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife traded her ‘16 Pilot for ‘19 Highlander. They are a similar rig. I personally liked the Pilot better because of headroom and a little better visibility, but wife was swayed by Highlander layout. They are very similar in size, performance, MPG. So far no problems with either rig. I would test drive and go for the seat of the pants fit.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
going on our third year of highlander, wife loves it, no complaints. I don't like the new body style of the Honda pilots they look to much like a mini van .. .Honda generally has more of a european suspension and seems a bit rougher ride, also in most cases Toyota has a few more options standard then Hondas ... either way whatever you get throw away the factory tires and put on a set of Toyo Celsius, IMO best mid size SUV tires on the market

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Honda’s and the Toyota’s are overpriced. I would look into a Nissan Pathfinder. It can tow 6,000 pounds too if needed.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I went down this road this spring and we settled on a 2019 Pilot. We looked hard at the Highlander and had them sitting next to each other and they are very similar. What pushed us towards the Pilot is there seemed to be more cargo room in the Pilot than the Highlander.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a Honda or Toyota, but I drove an Audi Q5 for a few days a couple weeks back and was quite impressed. Driving noise and ride will be hard to beat by anything else.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I think the KIA Telluride's look pretty dang good, we have had a Sorento for a while and like it. I like the highlanders too but they were a little out of the price range that we were looking to spend.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have friends who are on their 2nd highlander and they love them. In 2019 Honda rolled out the Passport after a few years being on the shelf so am curious on the Passport specifically. They are on the top or near the top of reviews on Edmunds,etc for midsize SUV's(well..at least midsize SUV's that are not extremely spendy). Pilot is near the top of the reviews for 3rd row midsizers but 3rd row isn't necessarily a must have for us.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75