New Johns

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone fished up at New Johns in last week or so that could tell me what the water temps are up there. Thanks for any possible responses.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure bout water temp, but people were hammering fish a month ago at west park! Probably no help to u, but thought I'd chime in!

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was up there last weekend camping, but couldn't tell you the water temp. Kids were catching little perch all day with an occasional smallmouth or bluegill. I caught an 18.5 inch white bass late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Threw it back right away because I was on my way to bed. Woke up the next morning and realized the state record is 18.5 inches. Didn't weigh it either, just measured it. Now i'm kicking myself in the rear for not throwing it on a stringer before going to bed.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
state record was/is actually 19 inches and a monster at 4 lbs 10 ounces. i assume you are referring to potential line class world record caught by lafluer this last winter at 18.5 and about 4.25 pounds. either way, i would guess you didn't have a state record. so, you can probably rest easier. i had a 19 inch white bass in the winter on stump a few years back. i too was kicking myself until i found out it needed to top 4 lb 10 ounces. purdy sure it wasn't any where near 5 pounds. at least thats what i tell myself so i can sleep better at night too.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys and your potential state records....how do we know you didn't snag them?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think it was state record either, but for sure whopper club. Oh well, it's still in the lake and I'm sure there are plenty more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75