Master Walleye Circuit

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
This event is on Devils Lake today and tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what poundage the top teams bring in. Sounds like rain/tstorms tomorrow so today may be key. I am gonna guess 50# plus for the 2 days will be needed to crack the top 5. No hampers. :cool: What do you guys think?

https://masterswalleyecircuit.com/

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Fished the aim championship couple weeks ago, lots of small fish in the system. I think 25lbs a day should get you top 5.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with Riverbottoms -- i have fished it all summer. Early on larger fish were easier to come by, now you may get a kicker once in while but i struggled this summer to get any decent size -- even to keep fish. May flies should be ending -- blood worms - hell they have a bunch of food --- what i noticed too is the fish dont have the shoulders on them they used to. It seems like more shrimp in system but they are losing some of the shoulders. I predict the winner comes from deep by the old shore line.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know what ramps they are using? I have the family at Grahams this weekend and was hoping to get out early before the rain tomorrow.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headquartered out of one of the best State Parks in the country, Grahams Island.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
That narrows it down to several hundred miles worth of target zone. Bold strategy Cotton.

Main bay

my wife this summer basically ruined my DL camping. to many projects, to many out of towns, to many MN lake parties and now football season - boom labor day weekend shot, hence you havent heard anything from me. The people in camp - they have been fishing the northern feeder lakes --- I hope to use my place in the fall once as a bumper to go to sak one more time

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be up at my place on the Rainy River then take a short cruise up to the lake and catch 40-50lbs in one day just for fun;-)

Seriously, it will take at least 50 to take Devils. I'm going to go with 24-25lb bag one day and a 28lb bag the next. There will be one guy that pulls a 30lb kicker bag.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be up at my place on the Rainy River then take a short cruise up to the lake and catch 40-50lbs in one day just for fun;-)

Seriously, it will take at least 50 to take Devils. I'm going to go with 24-25lb bag one day and a 28lb bag the next. There will be one guy that pulls a 30lb kicker bag.

I have not seen the kickers out of DL this year --- the only kickers i have seen is coming out of your boat. How many gallons of gas are you burning every weekend in your boat making those long runs or are you going out of the angle? I bet you pull back on the throttle some.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not seen the kickers out of DL this year --- the only kickers i have seen is coming out of your boat. How many gallons of gas are you burning every weekend in your boat making those long runs or are you going out of the angle? I bet you pull back on the throttle some.

Not even close to the angle there big shoots. None of them came north of Bridges. The lake is full of big fish.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
If they paid attention at the NWT last year, they're going to pull a bunch of big girls out of 40-45 fow in east devils pulling cranks...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 28lbs -- came out of a dog kennel that a friend filled and tied off during the week :)

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Main bay

my wife this summer basically ruined my DL camping. to many projects, to many out of towns, to many MN lake parties and now football season - boom labor day weekend shot, hence you havent heard anything from me. The people in camp - they have been fishing the northern feeder lakes --- I hope to use my place in the fall once as a bumper to go to sak one more time

sak is flushed out... all eyes over 8" and all the smelt got swept downstream this summer... sux...

i'd try back in 2022 or 23...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
All caught pull bb’s and spinners down the golden highway.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Winning team went 26, 26. No other team was over 50. Winning team SAID they used jigging raps in 40 plus FOW.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats from an ol' fellow Hampden Honker to another Chad. Very impressive back to back days!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56