Lowrance C-Map Genesis

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone used Lowrance's C-Map Genesis to upload sonar logs and create maps? All my uploads worked successfully, however it appears I need to pay a subscription to download my maps....very disappointing if true and won't do it. I used it a few years back when it was Insight Genesis and there was no fee. I'll switch to Garmin or Hummingbird before I pay a subscription to map.

Any experience or advice appreciated on what I may be doing wrong.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never done C-Map but used to do Insight like you did. It was ok for awhile but I'll never piss around with that again. Too damn much of a hassle. Get a Humminbird, a Zero Line card and you'll be set. That's all I use now.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never done C-Map but used to do Insight like you did. It was ok for awhile but I'll never piss around with that again. Too damn much of a hassle. Get a Humminbird, a Zero Line card and you'll be set. That's all I use now.

Thanks for your thoughts and experience with Hummingbird.

I figured it out....it took the map 5 days to process before I was able to download since I'm using the basic version. For a mere $29.99 a month I could have them instantaneously and keep them private.

I see a Hummingbird or Garmin in my future....

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I just switched from birds to a pair of new HDS lives, and with that, a switch in map cards. Still trying to figure it out, I did read about the genesis and it seems like a pain in the ass...I also have a navionics card, has anyone tried the navionics live sonar thing? Not sure if that is any better than genesis or not.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55