Frog Invasion

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could remove their preferred hangouts (cool, dark places like woodpiles, dense vegetation, etc.), eliminate their food source (primarily mosquitos & mosquito larvae), or you could nuke the yard with 2,4-D. It wreaks havoc on the amphibian endocrine system.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think some of you fully understand the situation. We are not talking about an odd toad jumping around here and there. I left them alone at first too...Now I can't leave my garage doors open very long or I will have 50 of them in there. They dug a crack out into some concrete that looks like a gopher mound. I'm sure thats good for my driveway, when I have a thousand of them hibernating underneath it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the logical thing to do here is order a flamethrower.

dig the hole open on the mound then get some propane and put a proper amount in the hole it will fill all the tunnels with propane more is better than less. Do it at night preferably after some beers and have some buddys help. Stand back and throw a match down the hole. If done properly you will have fire shooting out of every hole they have and it will incinerate the toads. there may be slight damage to any buildings or concrete that the tunnels pass under as it does includes a small explosion with fire shooting process. Your wife may or may not be impressed they were close to divorce any way.....it was one of the coolest things i ever saw and he never saw another rat and the crack in the floor of the garage always brings a chuckle.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could remove their preferred hangouts (cool, dark places like woodpiles, dense vegetation, etc.), eliminate their food source (primarily mosquitos & mosquito larvae), or you could nuke the yard with 2,4-D. It wreaks havoc on the amphibian endocrine system.

Well, sounds like 2,4-D may be the solution I am seeking! I have sprayed for bugs, and can not remove the areas they are digging into without ripping down my house, driveway and landscape.. It's just weird they ended up where they did to begin with. Nothing to attract them that I can think of.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
leopard frogs are migrating right now in my area,on hot days in low lying areas near a water source 100's/1000's are crossing the roads with garder snakes on the feed chasin/eating them....these frogs ring the dinner bell for shallow water walleys early fall

What part of the state?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79