Duck Stamp?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I bought my duck stamp through the GNF site a few weeks ago and still have not got the stamp in the mail yet. Seemed like last year it was less then a week between purchase and the stamp showing up. Anyone else buy thru them and how long did it take to get the stamp this year? Just worried because our mail system sucks!

On a side note I bought my bow tag at the same time and already got that in the mail from GNF.

JakeV

I did the same as you and bought a stamp about 2 weeks ago now and still haven't seen it. However if you look on your license from NDGF it will say something like Federal Waterfowl Stamp Verification through a certain date. I believe mine was through 9/19.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
I did the same and my duck stamp and the wife's duck stamp arrived in 10 days. My archery tag was a day or two sooner.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
can someone explain why we even bother senidng the actauly stamp out??
it cleary shows on our licenses we bought it, why even make someone put it on??? am i missing something
its not like a deer tag where you need it for possession of said deer, antelope, elk etc

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys, yeah mine says its good thru 9/15 so I'll wait a little longer.

if you don't get it by the 15th I would still hunt regardless not your fault they moved to this system and out postal service sucks

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I'm not sure why the stamp is needed either. I thought at first they were going away from sending out an actual stamp but then I noticed the date on the license and went to their site and saw they are still required. Must be a FED thing. I definitely do not want to be checked by some FED warden with an axe to grind without it.

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
So with electronic verification legal for your license do you stick it to your phone? No one has been able to give me an answer.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought one online last year and I never did end up getting it at all. Probably just go to the post office this year and get it the old fashioned way.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I'm not sure why the stamp is needed either. I thought at first they were going away from sending out an actual stamp but then I noticed the date on the license and went to their site and saw they are still required. Must be a FED thing. I definitely do not want to be checked by some FED warden with an axe to grind without it.

I would say see you in court buddy. You have a license and electronic proof via bank statement you bought it. We all work 40 hrs and our free time is limited I certainly won’t sit at home if it doesn’t show up

- - - Updated - - -

So with electronic verification legal for your license do you stick it to your phone? No one has been able to give me an answer.
No shit right?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well other then the stamp past the 45 day Grace period yes your license on your cell phone is perfectly adequate according to the Game and Fish Department but you have to have it saved on your phone prior to them showing up for some reason. As for why you need it is because it's a Fed thing and it's not specific to one state you need it for all of them and I'm guessing some of the other states don't allow that electronic versions of it. At this point why do we need to have any version of it in the first place it's not like the warden can't check on it in a matter of seconds.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
our state gives you an option to rec've said stamp for $1 I suspect for folks collecting stamps or whatever? as stated above small game license purchase including stamps show on signed license,good to go.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I purchased sportsman shortly before new fish license was available signed up for new Hip # then . Waterfowl was not available as of yet. Don't know why not, and I call Bismarck G&F and they didn't know other than the opening date wasn't decided yet. What the hell would that have to do with whether I was purchasing one or not ??? They should b be available at time of purchase.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I purchased sportsman shortly before new fish license was available signed up for new Hip # then . Waterfowl was not available as of yet. Don't know why not, and I call Bismarck G&F and they didn't know other than the opening date wasn't decided yet. What the hell would that have to do with whether I was purchasing one or not ??? They should b be available at time of purchase.
They have no say in it it's a fed license that isn't even needed until September 1st.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

I don't think the Feds put out the stamps until about July 1 but yeah you'd think G&F could let you buy it early and just ship it when they are available.

On a side note, thank you for this thread as I had to run to the post office today anyway so I picked up a stamp :)

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to say, I'm pretty bummed about the new electronic only situation. I went to Scheels the other day and figured I'd buy a duck stamp as long as I was there. Guess what? They only do it electronically. I said no thanks, I'll go to the post office. Only bummers is there's only ONE post office in Fargo that carries them, and that's at the big federal building downtown.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I called the place that sends out the stamps last Thursday and they sent the original out to me on 8/9. So far that one is still MIA. They sent me a second one via priority mail and I got it today. WTF is with our mail? I wonder where the other one ended up. Anyway if you haven't received yours in the mail after a week or 2 I'd definitely call, they were great about it.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I called the place that sends out the stamps last Thursday and they sent the original out to me on 8/9. So far that one is still MIA. They sent me a second one via priority mail and I got it today. WTF is with our mail? I wonder where the other one ended up. Anyway if you haven't received yours in the mail after a week or 2 I'd definitely call, they were great about it.

Some mailmen like to hunt waterfowl, but want to save the cost of a Duck Stamp???

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75