smoked almonds

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
nut problems are no joking matter .... just kidding, whack away

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew better - I tried to use a Pitt Boss to accomplish the delicate task of roasting - there's very little room for error when roasting nuts

I should have roasted in the oven but I ignored the little bell that went off in my head about it

must have ruined a whopping $8 worth of almonds! :D

But were you able to salvage the 55 gallon drum that you surely cut, welded, and turned into a trailer for the satisfaction of roasting nuts?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I knew better - I tried to use a Pitt Boss to accomplish the delicate task of roasting - there's very little room for error when roasting nuts

I should have roasted in the oven but I ignored the little bell that went off in my head about it

must have ruined a whopping $8 worth of almonds! :D
Now you have all kinds of nuts you could have fed to Mr Squirrel, SAD.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you start with raw almonds? Only reason I ask is I tried making my great Aunt's peanut brittle once and used salted and roasted spanish peanuts, not raw like the recipe said. Burned them pretty dang quick, well before brittle was ready to pour.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many bungee straps did you use?

Do you have a nut-roasting powerhead?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you start with raw almonds? Only reason I ask is I tried making my great Aunt's peanut brittle once and used salted and roasted spanish peanuts, not raw like the recipe said. Burned them pretty dang quick, well before brittle was ready to pour.

yep - raw

wife makes a lot of spiced almonds for the holidays so we’re familiar with the process

between an unfamiliar smoker and lack of brain cells I simply screwed up

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks to you dolts and this thread, I googled Blue Diamond Almonds. Holy snikies, talk about a crap ton of different flavors. I have had the smokehouse and wasabi soy sauce ones but it looks like I need to try and find a few more flavors to try. There are quite a few more then just these.

cache.php

They are all very addicting. My favorites are the salt and vinegar and habenero bbq (not really spicy at all)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75