Skeeters

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They seem to be especially bad this year. Probably due to all the rain we've had. I usually fire up the Thermacell on opening day but will be hunting out of a ground blind this year and don't want to poison myself. Was thinking about getting some of this stuff. Has anyone ever tried it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPQQW6A/?tag=nodakangler10-20

- - - Updated - - -

They seem to be especially bad this year. Probably due to all the rain we've had. I usually fire up the Thermacell on opening day but will be hunting out of a ground blind this year and don't want to poison myself. Was thinking about getting some of this stuff. Has anyone ever tried it.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=drayweb;260014

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not just use bug spray like deep woods off. If your worried about deer smelling it. They will smell you just as easy as the bug spray. I have used bug spray for close to 40 yrs and no problems. But I watch the wind all the time.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would prefer the dirt smell on me vs bug spray smell anyways so if I had it I would use it year around.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
agree with wby257,
Play the wind and use some good deet spray. If the buck is downwind of you hes running no matter if you smell like just a human or a human with some bug spray. If your waving hands slapping bugs all night, there gonna bust you no matter what direction

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Skeeters have 1/2 in beaks and hit you at 30MPH this time of year. Thinking of wearing my rain gear while working in the garden to keep those bastards at bay. Have a hat with a screen like bee keepers use and that is nice for the face and neck.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Read some of the reviews on this stuff. Says it smells like earth scent when you put it on but later you can smell the deet. And it's only 25% deet. I think I need 100%.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know several people that use Thermacells in their ground blinds. I use it in the blind. It is just a light butane heater in those things.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read some of the reviews on this stuff. Says it smells like earth scent when you put it on but later you can smell the deet. And it's only 25% deet. I think I need 100%.

The scientific data shows that 30% DEET is just as effective as 100% DEET. Using anything more than 30% only increases your chances of chemical burns. I performed a study down in the Amazon jungles of Peru that confirmed this while I was stationed in Lima Peru while on AD for the Navy. Just food for thought.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76