Walleye crawler harness

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs johnr always uses 8lbs mono. She can tie up a couple tackle buddies worth of crawler harness in about 20-25 minutes

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go and get some Berkley Big Game in 12 or 15 lb test and your set for a very long time. A huge -- 900 to 1000+ yards -- spool is only 6 or 7 bucks. I fish some very clear water and never seems to be a problem catching fish. Fluorocarbon may work well too -- and I have a ton of them tied up -- but after six years they sit in my work room drawing dust. I used Seaguar Red Label 15. What knots does everyone use for fluoro?

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you are talking crawler harness are you talking one hook, two hook or three hook. I've tried a three hook harness by JB tackle the last few times I've gone out and it seems to help tremendously with soft bites and short bites and I would like to tie up some of my own rigs but I don't know how to tie a three hook harness. I could figure out how to tie a snell on the last hook but it's the two front hooks that have me buffaloed.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you are talking crawler harness are you talking one hook, two hook or three hook. I've tried a three hook harness by JB tackle the last few times I've gone out and it seems to help tremendously with soft bites and short bites and I would like to tie up some of my own rigs but I don't know how to tie a three hook harness. I could figure out how to tie a snell on the last hook but it's the two front hooks that have me buffaloed.
If you supply pendalton and prime rib, I’ll come to Mandan and show you

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76