English Coulee Diversion Ponds

Capone1233

Does anyone still fish these near Grand Forks? If so how do you get to farthest east ponds 2 and 3? I drove out there and only checked out the farthest west pond that has the fishing access but i've heard the other pond farther southeast have a lot of fish.

EN001

Don't waste your time, unless you are just planning to take the kids out to have a little fun on a Saturday afternoon.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried Google Earth?

Yeah, it's not much of a transport vehicle, but may give you some pointers on roads.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a parking area off 10th Avenue. Hike over the levee, and start hammering the hammer handles

Attachments

English Coulee Diversion.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
There used to be some really nice LM bass up along the weeds by the dam. That's been quite a few years ago, but they were fun to catch.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't fished it in 15 years, but I used to catch LM Bass, Perch, and lots of pike out there. Before they put the cable fence up I used to barrel my old Buick over the dike and ice fish perch out the door. Old FL-8, White Jiffy in the trunk and a 6 pack of Old Mill. Simple times.

Capone1233

Don't waste your time, unless you are just planning to take the kids out to have a little fun on a Saturday afternoon.
This is exactly all im looking to do. Any area that is better then the others? i did go down 10th and now know how to get to the spillway/diversion. There are definitely people fishing these area as there are trails down to the water all over. I also saw a boat out on the far west point last week. Just wondering what i should be using for bait and best areas to fish it.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a parking area off 10th Avenue. Hike over the levee, and start hammering the hammer handles
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Will have to get down to these areas this fall for fun.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is exactly all im looking to do. Any area that is better then the others? i did go down 10th and now know how to get to the spillway/diversion. There are definitely people fishing these area as there are trails down to the water all over. I also saw a boat out on the far west point last week. Just wondering what i should be using for bait and best areas to fish it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Will have to get down to these areas this fall for fun.
Mepps Spinner!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79