This is the reason why I hate the Pats

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
because they dont care how they win as long as they win picking up AB a classless player goes to a classless team

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t hate the player hate the game and if morals and class is what we are looking for in nfl players I think fielding a team would be hard.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also hate the Pats but one thing about Bilichek if the player screws around with him, they are gone.
I don't think AB will be there very long as he can't keep his mouth shut.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
? Tampering ? The Patriots are not above skirting, twisting, bending or breaking the rules the rest of the league seem to follow

I bet Kraft is hoping for another "Happy Ending"

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were a part of Oakland's braintrust, I'd be hollering for a tampering investigation.

AB signed within hours of being released, I find it hard to believe you could even type an NFL contract up in that much time. Much less haggle over the finer points.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Totally planned. He wanted to get cut. He gets complete free agent status by manipulating the situation and can play where he wants. Patriots tried to trade for him before and Steelers wouldn’t trade him to Pittsburgh.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
They remind me of when Jimmy j and Chad knauss were together, very sneaky smart. They'll do what it takes to win that's for sure.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget to bump this thread after the superbowl. I also hate the pats but, coach is the goat.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like we could be hearing Gronk and Martellus Bennett announce their un-retirements and returns back to the Pats during their game tonight as well. Uffda.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Totally planned. He wanted to get cut. He gets complete free agent status by manipulating the situation and can play where he wants. Patriots tried to trade for him before and Steelers wouldn’t trade him to Pittsburgh.

Don't think so...he blew $30M with Oakland to sign for $10M guaranteed with the Pats?

dirtybirds14

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't think so...he blew $30M with Oakland to sign for $10M guaranteed with the Pats?

Possibly 15mil with all the incentives, so he took a gamble on himself to play 1yr for 10mil and then next year cash in a new deal that's going to pay him more again....I mean Julio Jones just got 66mil all guaranteed for 3 years

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Possibly 15mil with all the incentives, so he took a gamble on himself to play 1yr for 10mil and then next year cash in a new deal that's going to pay him more again....I mean Julio Jones just got 66mil all guaranteed for 3 years

Really think AB is capable of playing it straight up by all the rules in NE...don't think so. Julio has been the consummate professional...something AB knows nothing about. Much like Josh Gordon...AB has cost himself and his family millions and millions of $$ due to his choices and behavior.

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
No hate the Patriots here...LOL ... DVPjoDwVAAAlWRQ.jpgand along with a couple GOAT's in Coach and Quarterback!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta believe they knew how it would look so either they are awfully arrogant or did nothing wrong.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
AB's 3 year contract with Oakland was 3 years for $54M...he'll never earn that back at this point in his career.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
AB's 3 year contract with Oakland was 3 years for $54M...he'll never earn that back at this point in his career.

I disagree. He'll do the right thing now and shut his mouth for the season. He'll probably have another 100 receptions, 1000yards, 10 TD season and win a SuperBowl. All teams have a short memory, I.E. "Hey look, AB shut his damn mouth, he figured it out, lets give him 50mil guaranteed again!" and he'll be back to his usual shenanigans.

This is the Patriot's MO, they bring in controversial players who run their mouths. These guys know what they're getting in NE so they shut up and win.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was surprised They had the cap room tbh

I think the mindset in NE is to win. No one seems to have exorbitant in price or length contracts. TB even took a pay cut to acquire other players. I'm not a pats fan but they're doing it correctly.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75