Anyone use one of these?

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​For Boat storage. Won't have my garage this year.
cache.php

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've had a couple. I get about 4 to 5 years on the covers. Zippers usually suck. Mine are in the trees so they don't get full wind.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it’s exposed to the full force of our winds that’s a bad recipe. If it’s sheltered from the brunt of it you should be fine

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighbor erected one and it didn't last but a few weeks in the fall. The cold brutal winds of November took care of it right quick! He wasn't able to get to it right away and ended up with pieces and pulling anchors out of the ground in April. These things are better in the California sunsets than North Dakota conditions.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have one. Not in trees. I hold it down with 4 ground anchors with 8 straps holding down. The walls do fine at least for the last 2 1/2 years. The ends dont do as well. In fact I was going to contact the manufacturer to get replacement ends. Biggest problem is the zippers start to come undone and starts flapping. My fix was to run a rope through the zippers and tie to ends. Unfortunately damage was done and stitching gave. Also the ends will slip up and cause a gap to develope. Havent figured a solution for this yet.

If I knew I was going to build a garage next year I would pay for the storage for the one winter

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
In heavy snow years, you will probably have to be able to monitor/remove any snow build up that doesn't slide/blow off. We had a smaller version of one of these, Shelter Logic I think was the brand. Better half bought it used off bisman. Lasted a few years before snow load caved it in. Since we got it for a good price, we got our money's worth out of it the 3 years we had it.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbor has one with pontoon in, From Menards. Held up well the first 2 years ( has in by trees ). The bad is that Damn wind storm we had a week or so ago, broke a couple of the tree branches and poked a couple holes in it. Gorilla taped to keep from having the wind ripping it anymore. As stated, zipper ends are not the best.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have family in MN that use these. They have them in thick timber so wind is no factor. They get 2 maybe 3 years out of them and they begin to break down. IMO, OK for one winter without wind, but sure as hell wouldn't make it my long term storage option for your expensive boat there Zog. I'd hate to see your nice boat full of snow and ice come spring.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a guy that put plywood ends in one and screwed tin to the hoops it doesn't look too bad

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some farmers around my area have the big ones, as stated it seems the ends are always effd up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75