Custom Cabinet Suggestions?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have some recommendations for custom cabinets for a kitchen in Bismarck? We aren't necessarily looking for the cheapest cabinets as the wife has fairly high taste. Would just like to see if anyone went with a certain business and would recommend them.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friend started his own cabinetry business recently, Sherman Woodworks. I have not had them do any work for me but have seen pics of their work and they were pretty impressive. I can vouch for him being a straight shooter. Can call Preston at: 400-0796

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friend started his own cabinetry business recently, Sherman Woodworks. I have not had them do any work for me but have seen pics of their work and they were pretty impressive. I can vouch for him being a straight shooter. Can call Preston at: 400-0796

I've never had the need to utilize his services, but have seen the work that he does and it's incredible. Awesome attention to detail and loves to work, work, work.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Menards. Treated plywood, screws,hinges and walla. Custom cabinets.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there something peculiar or abnormal in your kitchen that you would need “custom” cabinets?

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Flat Rock. I own a custom cabinet shop in Bismarck and know all the other custom shops. As long as you choose one of the shops that actually own saws and cut wood you can't go wrong. Having said this, we all have different qualities. Let me know if you want a bid. I would recommend getting a couple. Lots of people in town advertise custom, and have no sawdust to show for it. Rodney 426-9374

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would also recommend Preston Sherman. My wife is an interior decorator and has called him in on several projects. Nothing short of amazing work.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there something peculiar or abnormal in your kitchen that you would need “custom” cabinets?

I see you missed the part that my wife has high taste!

- - - Updated - - -

Flat Rock. I own a custom cabinet shop in Bismarck and know all the other custom shops. As long as you choose one of the shops that actually own saws and cut wood you can't go wrong. Having said this, we all have different qualities. Let me know if you want a bid. I would recommend getting a couple. Lots of people in town advertise custom, and have no sawdust to show for it. Rodney 426-9374

Very good sir. I'll get ahold of you.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boll Cabinets Inc., I have never had work done by them, but have seen the work and used to know the owner and they would meet you initial description of your needs.

nybs

Honored Member
Probably worth your time to visit with Interior Woodworks in Bismarck. They did the cabinets in my house before we bought and have since built and installed a breakfast nook with drawers and a closet built-in w uppers and drawers. Very good quality in my opinion. Lots of samples in showroom and I think some good project pics online.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see you missed the part that my wife has high taste!

- - - Updated - - -

Very good sir. I'll get ahold of you.
Just because someone has high tastes doesn’t necessarily mean you have to have something done “custom” lol. Aside from special sizing you can get damn near anything you want or need from any cabinet manufacturer.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did it the wrong way. I bought about $5K in tools and spent a couple grand on wood. Picked up clear oak at the mill in Minnesota for $2.25 a square foot. I spent evenings for a couple years then a year after retiring building cabinets. It would have helped if I had plans, and it would have helped if I had a better memory. I think I spent a few days looking for my tools in the shop. In the end I had three each of many of those tools. All 3/4 inch oak. Heavy. 20140331_191001.jpg

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Just because someone has high tastes doesn’t necessarily mean you have to have something done “custom” lol. Aside from special sizing you can get damn near anything you want or need from any cabinet manufacturer

Eyeexer. True statement, but you can also catch fish with a fiberglass rod and a zebco 202. To each their own I guess.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just because someone has high tastes doesn’t necessarily mean you have to have something done “custom” lol. Aside from special sizing you can get damn near anything you want or need from any cabinet manufacturer

Eyeexer. True statement, but you can also catch fish with a fiberglass rod and a zebco 202. To each their own I guess.
thats a very interesting analogy lol.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76