Wheelhouses? Glacier, Yetti, Castle, Firebrand etc

Deke

Have been shopping around for a wheelhouse for a while now. Just wondering from people's personal experiences what they have learned. It would be used for some camping in the summer but not a lot. Been looking at 8 by 16 + 4' V for a size.

Really been intrigued by Glacier houses based on reviews and just the layout of most of their houses but figured I would ask other's thoughts as I have never owned a wheelhouse.

Thanks!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Lodge house made in Brookings, SD. Top notch house, but my next one would be all aluminum built to cut weight.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
I have a lodge for sale pm me if interested. In my opinion they have the best layout for fishing and are quality built. I am only selling as i would rather have a camper.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a lodge, nice built house but heavy. They had bad leaf springs and I broke two, makes for a shitty outing when that happens. The ice castle I had was ok. Had a lot of finish problems on the inside, boards falling out, cabinet doors falling off stuff like that. If you go with ice castle be sure to get stainless cable instead of the galvanized. Winter salt from the roads eats the galvanized ones up bad. I just sold my 164RD glacier. IMO the best out of the three I owned. Better axel system than ice castle and the nylon straps instead of cables are 100 times better. When you decide what you want don’t buy off the lot. Custom order one and get outlets where you want them and add outlets, 12 volt plug-ins and light switches where you want them. I always had my hole lights switch put down by the bed so I could just reach out and turn it on instead of fumbling around.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 20' Big Bite. Plenty of room for camping for the wife and I, two kids and dog. It is heavy but still pulls nice. Really wish I had hydro's as the electric jacks are so slow. Fit and finish is much better than any IC I've been in. Have friends w/ firebrands and yetti's and they are nice as well.

Deke

Thanks for the replies. Went with an 8x16 castle on a deal I couldn't refuse.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76