Plenty wet over here.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw 9-11 inches for down here. Deer were out this morning like I haven’t seen all year

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a customer remind me that this happened almost exactly a year ago. I totally forgot. I think we would up with just under a half inch of snow in Fargo. Less in GF.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep. headed out to opener in a damn blizzard last year on friday afternoon. 6 inches of snow on 19 from minnewaukan to north of anamoose. it was all gone by the time we got west of the river though.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally getting beet harvest underway over here, still plenty of standing water though. Pulling the trucks with tractors. The forecast models for the Jamestown area for Thursdayish are looking unreal.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a customer remind me that this happened almost exactly a year ago. I totally forgot. I think we would up with just under a half inch of snow in Fargo. Less in GF.

Forgot about that too. Drove from Fargo to Jamestown the day after the snow fell. I think there were areas near Jamestown that got a foot or better. I94 was TERRIBLE between VC and Jamestown. Could only drive in left lane as the plows only had that one cleared off. The other lane was packed snow that turned into ice (very rough ice at that).

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to mention this one that hit on Oct 3-5 a few years ago in north western SD and sw nd.

10_7_13_Andrew_AtlasSnowStormBuriedCar_400_537_s_c1_c_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw the European model and it said 25 inches in Jamestown. Yikes
Yeah she's definitely laying it on a little thick.

Screenshot_20191007-202416.jpg

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, only instead of having sand in it............................. it will be snow! ;:;rofl

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The liquor stores in Fargo will be empty by Thursday night.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weather service models are showing a possible 2 to 3 feet across much of the eastern half of the state.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A quick once over the lawn with the mower, little fall tilling in garden, winterize the small engines, put golf cart and mowers in storage along with tiller. Going to be a busy day. Yeah get snowblower ready. Maybe.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
is that european model in centimeters?
Nope ...2 to 3 feet is what everyone from the weather channel to the national weather service are saying is the potential over the east half of the state. Here is the GFS that just came out. Mind you a bunch is bound to melt at first and these models can most definitely over estimate these kind of storms although they did just nail the MT storm a week ago. It all comes down to if the storm gets stuck behind a high pressure ridge to the east and that is looking more and more likely by the hour. One other thing to keep in mind and I have no idea how it is actually added up but the European model is not a snowfall model it's a predicted snow depth model as of Sunday. So I'm not sure if they take into account settling or if that's just the whole ball of Wax.

Screenshot_20191008-111232.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is the newest run from the Euro model. As you can see they are definitely starting to lineup which is obviously a very bad thing if you're a farmer or a very good thing if your blizzard lover!

E32F554E-B028-4824-A843-F8CBF7EF4B86.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 158
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89