Plenty wet over here.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.6" at Fox Island and 1.9" at farm south east of Bismarck

- - - Updated - - -

With Oahe level down and currently releasing 62k, wondering why COE doesn't open up Garrison a little more. Not making much progress at 47-48k.

I think since they are still holding to the overall 80k cfs release out of Gavin's Point, the increase from Garrison is simply a rebalancing of where the water is actually being stored. See the below for a history of the weekly status reports.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
http://www.nwd-mr.usace.army.mil/rcc/reports/pdfs/weeklyupdate_previous.pdf

Note, the public meeting for the Corp's annual operating plan is being held up at Bismarck State College tomorrow evening for anyone interested in hearing the plan for getting rid of the water, etc.
[/FONT]

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's more than just the farmers that are having major issues with the rains there will be quite a few construction and road projects that will not be completed on schedule this year which many may have penalties.

You are getting more rain up there? Holy cats man i really do feel sorry for the farmers having to deal with this especially with the good crop that they had.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.6" at Fox Island and 1.9" at farm south east of Bismarck

- - - Updated - - -

With Oahe level down and currently releasing 62k, wondering why COE doesn't open up Garrison a little more. Not making much progress at 47-48k.
Because there is a nearly 20,000 cfs difference between what's flowing into Sak vs what's flowing out compared to only around a 4,000 difference on Oahe.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apple creek road east of Bismarck is now closed where it cuts through the slew a few miles east.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Releases from both dams in Jtown increase tomorrow, incrementally. I'll be IVO of my back yard throughout the day making sure the dike we built holds :-/

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's more than just the farmers that are having major issues with the rains there will be quite a few construction and road projects that will not be completed on schedule this year which many may have penalties.

if the dot holds to their guns people will be bankrupt

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
if the dot holds to their guns people will be bankrupt

In 40 years in construction I have never seen a construction contract that did not have a clause for delays due to excessive rainfall/moisture problems. You have to include average anticipated rainfall/moisture in your schedule, but when you can point to more than the 10 year average rainfall (or whatever average is in the contract) and that this year exceeds the numbers included in the contract, the contractor is owed a contract extension.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 40 years in construction I have never seen a construction contract that did not have a clause for delays due to excessive rainfall/moisture problems. You have to include average anticipated rainfall/moisture in your schedule, but when you can point to more than the 10 year average rainfall (or whatever average is in the contract) and that this year exceeds the numbers included in the contract, the contractor is owed a contract extension.

i heard the the state was granting the road guys 21 days which is a joke. What good will 21 days do once things start to freeze up?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i heard the the state was granting the road guys 21 days which is a joke. What good will 21 days do once things start to freeze up?

with it having to be 40 to pave and the highs not much over that they could grant 100 days it would do no good. They need to add the 21 days to next years season and not start penalties till July to make it worth anything. We have three paving projects down here that o know won’t get done

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
with it having to be 40 to pave and the highs not much over that they could grant 100 days it would do no good. They need to add the 21 days to next years season and not start penalties till July to make it worth anything. We have three paving projects down here that o know won’t get done

If the road is ready to pave it is a good gravel road now. Leave it gravel over the winter and repair any soft spots that show up in the spring and then pave. You'll have a better road in the long run. I know that the folks that have to use the gravel road all winter will not like it but in the long run the road will last longer.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the road is ready to pave it is a good gravel road now. Leave it gravel over the winter and repair any soft spots that show up in the spring and then pave. You'll have a better road in the long run. I know that the folks that have to use the gravel road all winter will not like it but in the long run the road will last longer.

When it is major hi ways they wont do that. What makes sense and what happens are two different things when it comes to govt agencies

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it is major hi ways they wont do that. What makes sense and what happens are two different things when it comes to govt agencies

I don't believe that. Neither the Inspecting Agency nor the installing Contractor will work in freezing conditions when they know the their work will fail and need to be re-done the next year. No Contractor can afford to do that and no Inspection Agency would agree to re-imburse a Contractor to re-do work that they knew would fail.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got to have a act of God clause somewhere in the contract.

I've always loved the statement or clause "Act of God". Given that govt. is and has been removing God from every facet of govt. at every possible opportunity and questions that God even exists, how then is it possible they have him wrecking road construction projects??

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe that. Neither the Inspecting Agency nor the installing Contractor will work in freezing conditions when they know the their work will fail and need to be re-done the next year. No Contractor can afford to do that and no Inspection Agency would agree to re-imburse a Contractor to re-do work that they knew would fail.

believe what you want but sddot made a contractor pave the road and then the next year mill it off and re pave it at their cost. I am not going of thinking or guessing it is straight hard ass facts as I have worked for dot and now private.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62