Plenty wet over here.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks like another 0.8" in Bismarck. The COE put out a statement on October 3 indicating that releases from Missouri River projects to remain at high levels for fall and winter. Not sure exactly what that means, but there is a lot of water (see definitions above) in the Missouri system. We were in Bozeman earlier in the week, snow in the mountains and the Yellowstone appeared to be high for October.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Picked up another inch and .25 last night. Looks like my LP delivery is not happening until freeze up so he can get in yard.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove from mobridge to Bismarck this morning and holy hell it was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up another inch and .25 last night. Looks like my LP delivery is not happening until freeze up so he can get in yard.

You may want to expedite that fill up. Propane is used to dry wet grain. And then again maybe it won't be used. Wheat producers didn't use anything more than air movement driers because there is no sense buying propane for wheat as the crop is already deemed below milling quality. Most of the North Dakota crop is feed. Cheap feed not worth drying.

If this rain persists the corn could be in the same shit. No need to dry it with propane.

A couple days ago drove the I-29 highway. From Iowa to Fargo it is a lake. How are they going to dig sugar beets and potato's? What a flippin mess.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You may want to expedite that fill up. Propane is used to dry wet grain. And then again maybe it won't be used. Wheat producers didn't use anything more than air movement driers because there is no sense buying propane for wheat as the crop is already deemed below milling quality. Most of the North Dakota crop is feed. Cheap feed not worth drying.

If this rain persists the corn could be in the same shit. No need to dry it with propane.

A couple days ago drove the I-29 highway. From Iowa to Fargo it is a lake. How are they going to dig sugar beets and potato's? What a flippin mess.

Potatoes and beet harvest will not be fun especially if we start getting some hard freezes. Don’t want the beets too muddy but don’t want to harvest them when it is cold out. Hopefully the farmers can get some dry warm weather. I guess this is why all the beet truck have safe t pulls on them

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need five days of warm and windy weather soon. Real windy.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rained here Friday night Saturday till around noon, guessing 1/2 to 3/4 inches again. ;:;banghead

Now this is coming mid week. :mad:

Tuesday
Night
cache.php

Chance Rain
Low: 34 °F
Wednesday

cache.php

Rain/Snow
Likely and
Breezy
High: 37 °F

Wednesday
Night
cache.php

Chance Snow
Low: 26 °F

Thursday

cache.php

Chance Snow
High: 34 °F

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
And then another 5-6 weeks of the same so something can get done.

- - - Updated - - -

standing corn is going to sucker punch deer hunters this year.

If we don't get some dry, sunny weather soon, like a months worth, it won't be just the standing corn. It will be the standing EVERYTHING!!! I don't have any skin in the crop production game so to speak, but talking to some producers, the situation is concerning to say the least. Had a 70+ year old farmer say this is the first year since he's been farming that he didn't harvest a single grain of any crop in September and 3 of the 4 largest wheat producers that sell to one of the local elevators haven't even touched 10% of their wheat acres yet. (enter concerned face) Many of the bean fields are ready to harvest now as are the sunflowers, but a guy can't harvest in a mud hole. To be honest, I could go a month of nothing but sunshine, blue skies, sans rain, and be just fine.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we don't get some dry, sunny weather soon, like a months worth, it won't be just the standing corn. It will be the standing EVERYTHING!!! I don't have any skin in the crop production game so to speak, but talking to some producers, the situation is concerning to say the least. Had a 70+ year old farmer say this is the first year since he's been farming that he didn't harvest a single grain of any crop in September and 3 of the 4 largest wheat producers that sell to one of the local elevators haven't even touched 10% of their wheat acres yet. (enter concerned face) Many of the bean fields are ready to harvest now as are the sunflowers, but a guy can't harvest in a mud hole. To be honest, I could go a month of nothing but sunshine, blue skies, sans rain, and be just fine.

It will have to wait until after the upcoming snow/rain this week. Unfortunately.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love seeing 10 inches of snow in the forecast....that just looks fun!;:;banghead

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel sorry for the farmers with all their crops out in the field. Don't want to have to have a discussion with them right now.
Going to take a killing frost to straighten the weather out.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the word on this snow storm for the middle of the week?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I saw one model for SD, but haven't seen any models published for ND yet... I'm hoping by this afternoon they'll start populating some projections.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is from Dakota Storm Stalker's Facebook page this morning. Sounds like this could get serious. Timing looks like Thursday into Friday for the eastern part of ND. I'm sure they will have a better understanding by Wednesday morning.

This is NOT the snow forecast for our area, but it's a look at what's possible with a worse case scenario.
This is last night's 00z European model run. It has been consistent in bringing the brunt of the heaviest snowfall into eastern ND and northeast SD.
The GFS doesn't bring as much snow back west into ND.
Why? The European model is forecasting a much stronger blocking ridge over the east coast. This stronger ridge would then force the storm more north instead of northeast. It would also slow the storm down, thus giving it more time to drop heavy snow. A lot will depend on how much the ridge out east will influence the flow.
If the storm stalls and takes the more northern route, like the Euro advertises, this could be a historic early Fall storm.
If the ridge out east isn't as influential, the storm will likely affect more of Minnesota leaving ND and SD with far less snow.
This is why confidence is still low regarding this storm. Accumulating snow will happen, it's just a matter of how much, which will greatly depend on track and speed.
Afternoon update to follow.

72385463_2410658019201836_4490775026823331840_o.jpg

71577873_2410658095868495_3927945160687616000_o.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79