Plenty wet over here.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of folks are pushing 8" in places since last friday in eastern MT. I think Williston reported the wettest September on record already. Still raining.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^ Same in Minot...think we've gotten more rain in Aug/Sep so far than May/June/July combined! This isn't good for the crops that are still in the field tho right?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
more left in the field even up here than i expected. i am hoping i am going to get to harvest ducks in an unharvested wheat field or two this fall.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
gonna be wet thats for sure! and this just in from game and fish- RESPECTFUL is the name of the game...in most anything in life actually.

gnf-logo.png

[h=1]Hunters Urged to Monitor Travel Conditions[/h]
Thu, 09/12/2019

The North Dakota Game and Fish Department reminds hunters to monitor on- and off-road travel conditions as many hunting seasons will open this weekend.
Recent moisture will make travel difficult on section line trails, unimproved roads and in harvested grain fields where hunting might take place.
Game and Fish strongly discourages driving on soft, muddy roads, trails and section lines. In addition, hunters are advised to seek permission from landowners before attempting any off-road travel in fields.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
5.5" in gauge now. I've emptied it twice since last Friday, once was 2 1/4" and the other was 1"

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Should be a good opener for waterfowl if it ever dries out. Might concentrate the birds to the harvested fields.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Creeping a little over 3'' of the wet stuff so far this week. Had 2 1/2 '' last time I dumped it last week. Like my brother said, farmers must be ready to start lifting beets.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has this been one big system that just stays put or different systems going through and dumping rain?
Got a picture and text from our renter in NoDak last week and they were combining wheat on our land. He finished that but don't know about his other land.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has this been one big system that just stays put or different systems going through and dumping rain?
Got a picture and text from our renter in NoDak last week and they were combining wheat on our land. He finished that but don't know about his other land.

Multiple systems. The unusual thing has there have been several all day drenchers lately. Looks like about 5 days of warm, dry weather starting tomorrow.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put down a bunch of grass seed about 2 weeks ago, good timing I guess. Lucky no heavy rains here in Bis to wash it away...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, they recommend you plant grass late enough in the fall that it doesn't germinate, that way its already in the ground for the spring warm up and rains and it gets a start before it gets hot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75