Wife needs help. Need ideas

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
90s honey oak trim with vinyl plank.

Does this look ok? I have two samples they are printed the same. Or what do u recommend

IMG_20190912_234239.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a decision for your wifey so you do not hear about how it looks for the rest of the time it is on the floor. In our family SHE makes all of these decisions!!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Generally speaking people make too much squawk about contrasting wood species in a home. But this appears to be an exception. Those don’t look well at all together

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife is an interior decorator and deals with this stuff all the time. PM me and and I’ll give you her number. In our house I’ll let you know that she is painting all the only honey oak woodwork.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The floor is too brown. Try to find something that at least picks up the woodwork color a little bit. It doesn't have to match.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the same thing in my basement and all the other wood was a similar color but was a cheaper quality than what yours looks like. Tore most of it out and still haven't finished it because I can't decide what to do, but this is for my bar room where most of my dead animals reside.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope! Even in my own man cave, that wouldn't fly. I like the flooring and the rustic look, but the slick light colored trim doesn't quite go with it. Kind of like a male ballet dancer in a biker bar. It just doesn't fit in. Sorry.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope! Even in my own man cave, that wouldn't fly. I like the flooring and the rustic look, but the slick light colored trim doesn't quite go with it. Kind of like a male ballet dancer in a biker bar. It just doesn't fit in. Sorry.

ha ha ha ha. but have to agree the trim boards little off with that flooring color

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
That flooring would work with different color trim and cabinet color. If you like the flooring color, just paint the trim and cabinet or at least the trim. Wood color trim is out anyway.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Like some others, I recommend you let your wife pick out the floor covering. Having worked as a builder for a few years our rule was always "Let HER make decisions that deal with decor." If you pick it out and she doesn't like it, guaranteed, it will always be your fault.

If it helps, I'm not fond of those 2 colors together. Have you considered another floor covering such as a tile pattern or other glue down flooring? Installation is about the same for most of the glue down or laminated flooring.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
it depends on what room it is? I would say whoever is going to use it the most should pick it out.

So if it's in the kitchen let her pick...living room in front of TV then you pick...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74