Country Bars

campchef

Honored Member
The backroads will be pretty sticky this weekend but I'm sure my favorite country bar The DUCK in Bowden
will welcome me like an old friend.
Who else has a favorite?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
No real favorites. My truck has a tendency to overheat when traveling thru a small town. Gotta stop for a bit and let er cool down. Thank goodness there is always a pub nearby when the thing starts to overheat. Gotta love that truck!:cool:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sand Dune Saloon, Mcleod N.D. Its the real deal even if I can only have a soda now days. Ended many a good deer hunting trip there.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite country bar is my own back deck and garage fridge, but if I'm in the mood for something else, I like Punky's in Dazey.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sand Dune Saloon, Mcleod N.D. Its the real deal even if I can only have a soda now days. Ended many a good deer hunting trip there.

Sand dune and the black pelican in Wyndmere have excellent bar food. Highly recommend the Reuben pizza

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any place where the Jukebox doesn't screech to a stop and all the patrons turn and stare when us "outsiders" walk in.

No doubt! Reminds me of a time about 5 yrs ago, a buddy of mine and me were on our way out to SW for pheasant opener. Truck was overheating so we stopped at the pub in Richardton to spend some out of town cash. Middle of the afternoon...only about 2-3 older than us guys there. They were belly up to the bar drinking and playing tickets. We sat down and had a couple beers and decided to play 20 bucks in tickets. We were given the stink eye from those other patrons when we went to machine to drop in a 20. Wouldn't you know it we pulled a $500. Those gents were not too happy when bartender was counting out our money..hahahahha. As to not celebrate too much and jump up and down and high five each other, we decided to buy the bar a round of drinks( all 3 of them)..hahha and slipped on down the road....haha.. I tell ya.. some of lifes best experiences are in small town bars!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I've been told (I never play): Pull-tab etiquette 101. Never play another man's jar while they're still playing it. Those old boys may have had $480 sunk into that machine! The nerve of you big city hustlers.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats as bad as the guy sitting on the road posting for the strangers out busting their asses in the cattails.;:;badidea
Just ribbin ya..

You haven't had a piece of meat until you've had prime rib at Daves bar in Hampden on a Sat night. Gotta call ahead and reserve.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any bar that has cold beer.............Heading to the Ground Round right now. :;:rockit;:;boozer

Labcrazy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree on that Prime in Hampden. As good as any I've had.

Grano bar is another great small town hideout.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mels (help me out in devils lake and helmer corner bar oriska - ha -- those were done huntin bars.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The backroads will be pretty sticky this weekend but I'm sure my favorite country bar The DUCK in Bowden
will welcome me like an old friend.
Who else has a favorite?

Ahhh....Good ol Bowden. Great memories going to school there.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My fellow bike rider policy was one beer an hour as it states in the manual.

For me by mid afternoon i should not be riding a bike anymore so the policy became to limit the stops to each town we hit for a cool one.
Never did make it as far as the plan was in the morning,
So any small town bar is just fine.

It is what you make it, sometimes good but then now and then, i do not know, maybe a wrong word, wrong bike, wrong clothes, wrong music on the juke box, to many young studs trying to impress there young ladies with us old men and their stupid talk, sometimes the stay is short, just make sure one knows when as there is another bar just a short way down the road in ND. db

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Favorite back road bar is in Benedict, ND. The Hitching Post. The loacsks look st you funny but f’him

- - - Updated - - -

Any bar that has cold beer.............Heading to the Ground Round right now. :;:rockit;:;boozer
Just left there an hour ago.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69