Youth deer season

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good luck to all the youth deer hunters this weekend! Be safe.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy broke his leg so I’ll most likely be helping out his son in some way or another! Happy hunting!

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be sitting in a tree with my 12 year old tomorrow evening. Good luck to everyone!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I get more excited about youth season than most of the youth that participate. It's the delicious nectar of hope and anticipation that really shifts my gears these days. Good Luck to all the youngsters out there. May you all be safe and successful!!!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next year I am going to identify myself as a 14yr old and get that guaranteed buck tag that wasn't around when I was actually 14

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck and be safe. Looking forward to working with young hunters over the next several days!!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
One word...S-L-O-P-P-Y gonna be some messy roads....have fun helping the kids!!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
got a couple coming out, probably going have them go to plan B spot with all this rain. Good luck to all the youngsters

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get to take my oldest daughter out tonight for her first hunt. She has been along for a few of my deer hunts and i havent seen her this excited in a long time!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A bit after last year's youth season a young lady that I had in Hunter Safety in the spring saw me at a VB game. She came up and quietly told me "I got my deer." The smile on her face was all the thanks I ever needed for being an instructor for many years. I also love to see young people get involved in hunting and have some success. Have hunted with young people for pretty much the past 40 years. From my kids, nieces and nephews, friends kids, and now those kid's kids. Generally don't shoot a deer myself until the younger generation has filled tags.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
E5DE5DC7-5517-4E31-A3A5-51DB30CBCD17.jpgProud little lady tonight. One shot one kill. Practice paid off.

husker

Heading out to explore some public land with my 13 year boy in a little bit. Love watching his excitement.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took my 12 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son out yesterday. Son filled his tag around 3:30. Man alive was it hot out! Temps were in the 88 degree range and I am not sure I've ever taken a deer in that kind of heat before.

Guess the daughter and I will give it another go this evening as temps in the Bismarck area are going to be in the low to mid 90s. ;:;banghead

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had two youth hunters come out with father and grandfather on Sunday. Way too warm for me to get excited about hunting, but these guys could not wait to get to the stands. 11 yo got a nice doe (waiting for pic) just before sunset. Absolutely made my day/week to watch their enthusiasm and respect for the outdoors!!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This warm weather sucks and with the season so early it’s really hard to find a dry doe. Been out 3 evenings with my daughter so far and find it a bit difficult between that and all of the unharvested crop still out there. She did get a shot yesterday but missed. Hope to get another chance Wednesday. Personally, I think the youth season should be around mid October, maybe two weeks before regular season opener. It would help with temps being cooler, less standing crop, likely more active deer and less doe’s toting fawns with them.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with weather being too warm! I have 2 daughters with youth tags. Made it out Saturday, saw deer but not what we were after. And now it being so warm im reluctant to go, cuz i know ill be up till 1am processing a deer...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74