ND Elk Tag

megotango

Looking for advice, I drew my once in a lifetime tag for Unit E3. Looking for tips & tricks!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put miles on your boots, not your tires. Every year when i'm out bow hunting, i seem to see the elk hunters just driving around asking bow hunters if they've seen any Elk, I never actually see any orange in the field. Any big Elk I've seen on public land has never been visible from a road.

Last edited:

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get out of the pickup and walk in and glass. One of the easiest public land elk hunts in lower 48.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew an E4 tag last year and put on about 40 miles scouting. There are elk to be found. But like most said above you will hardly see any elk from the road. I would be willing to give you a few way points in e4. After I scouted and got my bull last year I was able to help 3 other people get their bulls and a cow as well.

Caboyd

I also have a cow tag for E3/E4. I have been out hiking far from the road in a few areas but I have not spotted a single elk yet. Any suggestions for areas to focus on would be appreciated. I didnt go out for the first few weeks of season to avoid messing up any bull hunters, but now I feel I am way behind the learning curve.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75